iPhone>N7>S7E (maybe)

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Buying into an ecosystem is a very long conversation/debate when looking and comparing outside of the ecosystem devices.

You are right that a user's circumstances may dictate the choice but I believe most of this is marketing fluff from Apple rather than conscious consumer choices. Have to give them that because they are good at it.

PS: I'm a macbook owner but also a very happy S7E owner.
Sometimes it's also the biggest factor. There are times when it's just too expensive to transfer when you have to buy apps all over again.

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
The S7E is still by far the better phone IMO.

- Double the RAM.
- Far better screen and resolution.
- Better camera still.
- Better battery (iphone 7 just added 2 hrs to iphone 6's battery).
- Android version on S7E is better suited for power users in comparison to iOS 10.
- microSD slot.
- Headphone jack. That alone means if you want to follow Apple's game, you will have to pay an extra $150 for their headphones.
- The S7E is one sexy phone. Much more than the iphone as things stand right now.

I don't know where you get your info from. There are to my knowledge no definitive tests of the camera, battery life or anything else about the iphone out yet.

As is I have a feeling you will find that that battery life and processor power will be quite a bit superior to the Galaxies. As to camera, it on paper equals the edges and you get a second 2x optical tele lens. That is ueber cool. I use the camera a lot and wished I had that feature rather than having to crop post shot and thus loosing quality.

I have nothing else apple so for me this would be a big step but at present I see it as the only option with the Note's not even available anymore. Basically, the Note 7 doesn't exist yet so is not on the list.

Add superior build quality of the iphone (no feeble glass backs and you have a fairly persuasive argument for anyone in the market for a new phone.

I personally await the reviews and first user reports. I never adopt at launch. I don't care if my phone is a few months old and rather let others that must have the fastest and newest try first. Something that has come in handy with the Note 7, a phone I've considered for a while.

As is, I am VERY happy with the s7E and may await future development with the Galaxy 8 series.

jianrong

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Its possible. Given now it have 3gb ram, ios 10, a10 chips and battery mah similar to 6 plus.

My old 6 plus had 12 hour sot. So it possible with 7 plus.

Anyway i dont think im jumping back to iPhone though my contract had ended. Yes i had that thought. But i brush away that temptation again. Hopefully i be able to stick to s7 edge.

File transfer easy, good display, customisable...

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Its possible. Given now it have 3gb ram, ios 10, a10 chips and battery mah similar to 6 plus.

My old 6 plus had 12 hour sot. So it possible with 7 plus.

Anyway i dont think im jumping back to iPhone though my contract had ended. Yes i had that thought. But i brush away that temptation again. Hopefully i be able to stick to s7 edge.

File transfer easy, good display, customisable...

What Apple calls SOT has been proven (not by me of course but by people that owns both and have done some tests) to be not what Android calls SOT. It seems that for Apple every time the phone awakes to do anything, even with the screen off it counts that as SOT, for Android users SOT is only when the Screen is on and using battery, so if that is accurate (again, I'm just passing what I've read) then it's obvious that iPhone will have better SOT.

iPhone strong has always been the Standby time, as it basically shuts almost all the services down leaving it in Standby basically as a "Dumb phone" instead of a Smartphone, but once you turn that screen on you'll see that battery going down just like any other Android Flagship with good battery life. That is one test I have done here, with a couple of my co-workers iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s+ against my Galaxy S7 edge, just go to the same apps and watch the same Youtube video in both at the same time and you'll see how fast their phones depletes the battery, and I can say that my phone always lasts more doing this, not by much but still, better.

For last but not least, having a 1080p screen Vs a QuadHD Screen is not a fair comparison, given that both the regular iPhone with its 4.7 720p screen and the Plus with a 5.5" 1080p vs a 5.5" QuadHD screen on S7, should be, in a normal scenario, a clear advantage for the iPhones.

Last edited:

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I have mainly used iPhones (starting with the 3gs back in 09), I have also had about a years worth of time on Android with the Galaxy S5 & S6 (had to return the S6 due to manufacture issues). So I ended up getting another iPhone (the 6+) but after seeing all the hype about the N7 I decided to give it a shot. I had no problems with my phone, it ran smooth, looked great and didn't heat up. I decided to return it once they announced the recall. I re activated my iPhone and decided to wait for the new N7's to be released. The more I think about it the more I am considering the S7E...while I really liked the N7 and the S pen, I didn't really use it (except messing around with my kids and showing them how it worked). It's not like I use the phone for work - I basically pay some bills, take pictures, send texts...nothing crazy. I like the S7E is water resistant and has wireless charging (these were awesome features on the N7).
Just wondering what everyone thinks of their S7E...thanks in advance.

Note 7 transplant here, just picked up the s7e today so I will check back in once I get some time under my belt. I loved the note 7 but the battery fiasco finally made me submit and try the edge.

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Was on 6s+ til Aug. 19. Went to N7 then the recall happened. Switched to S7E last Friday and couldn't be happier. This is a great phone and I don't miss the N7 at all.

jianrong

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Yea. I still dont understand why im alittle tempted to go back to 7 plus. When i have a good smartphone like s7 edge which open system, nice display and slightly lower battery life plus fast charging than my old 6 plus..

First world problems. Lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames