Is anyone else experiencing random reboots?

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
No, not here. No random reboots on 6P or 5X. Maybe you can provide more info?

When did you receive handset?
When did random reboots begin?
Does any specific activity predict the reboot ?
(You say they happen every few days; are you doing something specific when it happens?)
Did reboots start after 6.0.1 update? Or before?
etc. etc. etc.

Torkuda

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I get them too. Sometimes the phone will just be in my pocket and I hear it reboot, or sometimes its while Im using it. Doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason for it.

Doug Shavers

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I get them too. Sometimes the phone will just be in my pocket and I hear it reboot, or sometimes its while Im using it. Doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason for it.

Exactly. Doesn't matter what I'm doing. Been happening before and after the 6.0.1 update also

6P

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. Doesn't matter what I'm doing. Been happening before and after the 6.0.1 update also

6P

Yea me too. Mine happened one time I was using the flashlight, then all of a sudden it went off. Next thing you know the boot screen is on. It's happened probably 3 times since I've had the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had it happen once.. Wasn't sure if it was my pocket or the phone. Hopefully if it's a bug the snag it in the next security update.

leetung56

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
I have this issue several times and twice at late night and caused me to miss my alarms. very bad. I hope it will be fixed b next security upgrade, otherwise I may need to switch to other phones.

Gangrel

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Recycling an old thread..... I have a 6p on Rogers here in Canada, and my phone reboots quite often. Last night it happened on the charger in fact, so no chance of accidental button pushing!

I've already done a factory reset. I am going to try to run it in safe mode over night to see if it happens again, but I hate resetting up my widgets everytime I use safe mode.

Is the phone susceptible to the cold? Because during cold weather, the phone seems to reboot a lot more when I'm outside or in my car.......

I wish there was a system log that could show what was running when it crashed, to help track down possible bad apps...... is there anyway to find this out?