Is it too big?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I was tossed between this and a Flip3. After getting my hands on them both, I'm pleasantly in love with my Flip3.
The fold is a VERY impressive piece of technology, indeed. And we're all looking for different things in our phone usage. But the Fold3 display is untouchable. Speed, amazing. It just wasn't what i was looking for in a new phone.

But are you Fold3 owners finding it simply cumbersome? Obviously, it is when compared to a Flip. But I mean as in compared to your previous phones. (not previous Fold models).

Besides the physical size, it's heavy. There's no way it's going to comfortably go in a pants pocket. Or bobble around in a pair of hospital scrubs like a small animal in there.

I mean, I'm just asking, do you have to carry it in your hands everywhere?

Sincerely not being critical cause I hate phone haters. I'm just wondering does it become 'odd' to have to accommodate it's size or you guys just pocket it and go like any other phone we're all obsessed with owning?

OMG, Becky..look at his phone.
It's so big.
#foldgotback

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Haha yeah it takes getting used to. I hardly noticed it on a hike yesterday tho wearing golf shorts. Basketball shorts got weighed down a bit...

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I was tossed between this and a Flip3. After getting my hands on them both, I'm pleasantly in love with my Flip3.
The fold is a VERY impressive piece of technology, indeed. And we're all looking for different things in our phone usage. But the Fold3 display is untouchable. Speed, amazing. It just wasn't what i was looking for in a new phone.

But are you Fold3 owners finding it simply cumbersome? Obviously, it is when compared to a Flip. But I mean as in compared to your previous phones. (not previous Fold models).

Besides the physical size, it's heavy. There's no way it's going to comfortably go in a pants pocket. Or bobble around in a pair of hospital scrubs like a small animal in there.

Sincerely not being critical cause I hate phone haters. I'm just wondering does it become 'odd' to have to accommodate it's size or you guys just pocket it and go like any other phone we're all obsessed with owning?

It's so big.
#foldgotback
I just pocket it. As far was size compared to my other phone watch was the note 20U witch will compare to the size of the S21U, it's not a major difference. You are going to have bulk by thick with the fold or you will have it with width and tall on the others. So they all have bulk, just depends on what you prefer there.

I personally love the fact I can have it in the folded position and have easy one handed usage for on the go, no reaching for things on the screen like the others. Open it up for the bigger experience. I'm assuming you look at that the same way with the flip, just a smaller footprint.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I just pocket it. As far was size compared to my other phone watch was the note 20U witch will compare to the size of the S21U, it's not a major difference. You are going to have bulk by thick with the fold or you will have it with width and tall on the others. So they all have bulk, just depends on what you prefer there.

I personally love the fact I can have it in the folded position and have easy one handed usage for on the go, no reaching for things on the screen like the others. Open it up for the bigger experience. I'm assuming you look at that the same way with the flip, just a smaller footprint.

I just put mine in my pocket and take off. Don't even know it's there. If I hear a boop or a vibrate, I can take it out and look on the front screen and if there's a dot, scroll left and read the messages. If they're important, I open it up and reply. If not, I'll put it back in my pocket and go on with my day. I love it. Freedom finally.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Haha yeah it takes getting used to. I hardly noticed it on a hike yesterday tho wearing golf shorts. Basketball shorts got weighed down a bit...
It's like that with everything, you get used to it. When the note first came out the size save price was criticized, today if set the standards for bigger phones. The fold is just that, new technology, expensive, and leading the path for future phones.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
It's like that with everything, you get used to it. When the note first came out the size save price was criticized, today if set the standards for bigger phones. The fold is just that, new technology, expensive, and leading the path for future phones.
I remember when it used to be the smaller the phone the better lol. Oh the 90s.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I just put mine in my pocket and take off. Don't even know it's there. If I hear a boop or a vibrate, I can take it out and look on the front screen and if there's a dot, scroll left and read the messages. If they're important, I open it up and reply. If not, I'll put it back in my pocket and go on with my day. I love it. Freedom finally.
I'll reply from the front screen on the go. It's nice having the choice. It isn't as bad as everyone says on size. It's not a issue, size is a issue for most bigger phones, it's just pick your poison.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

It's so big.
#foldgotback

Actually it's quite opposite, I actually enjoy my phone even more. I will never open my phone if I'm walking or do anything beside sitting. It's definitely heavy but I got use to it. Because I carried work and personal phone, both phones are always in holster pouch over my shoulder. :)

So far, I have no regrets at all.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I really don't notice the weight at all. I would love if the cover screen was a little wider, though - probably increasing the weight. Just think - if they made it wider then they'd be able to fit an S-Pen in the enclosure, or use a bigger battery. :D

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

It's so big.
#foldgotback
It fits fine in my pocket jeans and shorts.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

It's so big.
#foldgotback
Don't even notice the weight. When folded it's also nicer to hold than conventional slabs.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
It fits fine in my pocket jeans and shorts.

Is that a Fold 3 in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? lol. Honestly I would never fit one in my jeans pocket and be able to sit :D That would have to be a fanny pack phone :p

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Just curious, what do you use as a phone that fits in your pocket

I currently carry a 6.3 inch pixel 3Xl, which is barely doable because it's a thin phone with a thin case. I won't be able to carry anything bigger, so it's kinda sad to see the phones keep growing in size :-\ On the plus side I do carry a fanny pack frequently, which might end up holding a fold series down the line if they can get it any thinner and lighter.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Just curious, what do you use as a phone that fits in your pocket

Now I find myself looking around for my phone that I have a zflip3. In the back of my mind, I know it's somewhere and I'm so used to having the feel of my Note 10 in my pocket or in line of sight where I had to take it out because it was uncomfortable.
And then I'm like
'wait..(pat my pocket and feel the Flip) my phones' in my pocket'. lol.
true story.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site

It's so big.
#foldgotback
Honestly you treat it like you would any other device. Toss in pocket and keep it moving.

Its a foldable device with different characteristics than anything built previous to it (non foldable).

People have to understand what the device is all about first and foremost. If pocket-ability, how it sits in scrubs is important then maybe this isn't the device.

The average person who tosses their device in the pocket or purse will not have issues doing the same with the fold. Yeah slightly heavier but thats the price you pay for foldable design.