Is my phone waterproof or water resistant?

A

AC Question

Is my phone waterproof or water resistant

My phone and I go near water everyday and there are some CLOSE calls. I need to know. Its a Kyocera hydro life android 4.3

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Is my phone waterproof or water resistant

IP57 certified - dust and water resistant
- Water resistant up to 1 meter and 30 minutes

Posted via the Android Central App

italygrl1

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Phones are water resistant since they are electronic devices. Submerging in water would fry the inner working so try to be careful.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The last warterproof phone (meaning guaranteed if it got damaged by water) was the nextel i700.

Put your phone into a ziplock baggie and zip it shut. Insert that, zip end first, into another baggie. Zip that one shut. (Test the bags without a phone first - some brands leak.) Now you can toss any phone into the water. (Hose the baggie off first, then let it dry, before opening anything.)

If you fasten (no holes, please) a large key float to the baggies, even if you drop your phone over the side of a boat in a deep lake, all you have to do is reach out with a net and get it back - it won't sink. (You should see the jaws drop when you nonchalantly ask "Does anyone have a net, I dropped my phone in the water", then bring it back and finish the call you were on. You'll be able to sell the bags for $5 a pair.)