Is there a way to save text message threads?

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to do a factory reset to see if it'll help with a battery issue, but I'd like to save some texts. Is there a way to back these up without just manually copying and pasting the contents?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm afraid that unless there's an HTC software solution like iTunes or Samsung Kies to backup the contents on your phone, you're out of luck as you can only do this one by one on the stock SMS app. Maybe a 3rd party SMS app could do this, though.

You can also sync SMS to an Exchange account if you have one, and that way, your messages would be saved alongside your e-mails.

Also, there are apps in the Play Store that claim to be able to backup and sync your SMS to the cloud, although I've not used any of these, so I can't vouch for any of them.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Make sure to move that file to a safe place. If you happen to factory reset your phone and you saved that file to internal memory it will be wiped.

dr_m0x

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Sms backup and restore available in the play store if you ever need a manufacturer independent solution. E.g. When upgrading phones

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Super Backup in Playstore can backup SMS with MMS...It can also backup your calendar entries, if you have not been saving them in Gmail. Super Backup also allows you to email the files to your email.

Posted via the Android Central App