Is there anything about the Note 20 Ultra which you don't like?

Donglelife872

Mar 3, 2021
Visit site
What a surprise; the dongle started going south, after less than two months. What a terrible design. Consumers should just boycott any phone without a headphone jack. I refuse to be forced into wireless. There are certainly some decent headphones out there, but I'm not spending 400 bucks for something that will probably be a brick when the battery goes bad.

The phone muting thing had been getting better; five calls in a row worked. The ringer is acting up now.

Unreliable calls, unreliable audio ports. It also stinks for texting if one has headphones in. The notification sound is easily missed. i certainly have a love-hate relationship with my Note.

95% of my problems really come from not having a headphone jack; the phone mic, etc.

Shreyanzh

Apr 17, 2021
Visit site
I'm pretty much content with mine.

The only issue I had was sending back the Exynos version to Samsung UK and then imported the Snapdragon version from Hong Kong.

Hlooo

So i was considering buying the note 20 ultra here in India.
I have two options buy the exynos unit or the snapdragon unit imported from Hong Kong.
Are you facing any issues with your imported unit...... What about software updates are you getting them?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hlooo

So i was considering buying the note 20 ultra here in India.
I have two options buy the exynos unit or the snapdragon unit imported from Hong Kong.
Are you facing any issues with your imported unit...... What about software updates are you getting them?
Hi welcome to AC!
If a update is available for that device you shouldn't have issue getting them on good wifi , if for any reason it does then can flash through Odin

Donglelife872

Mar 3, 2021
Visit site
I got really busy this week and fell silent.

Well, my dongle started behaving again. It had shorted out when the cable was snagged. I bought two more dongles, each one a different brand than the original. The second is useless, has an intermittent hum. The third, haven't tried yet.

The dongle in question does sound pretty nice when working. Finding a good dongle is about as tough as finding a PC graphics card.

A dongle on the go isn't so horrendous; I can put it in the headphone case. At home stinks. Instead of digging up a dongle (I prefer to call with headphones - a lot easier to hear, gives one a lot of leeway to set the phone down, etc.), I just used my old phone.

The muted mic while calling problem seems to have dried up, knock on wood.

Donglelife872

Mar 3, 2021
Visit site
I've isolated the mic muting thing to the dongle. I tried a newly-ordered dongle, as the other one is acting up again. Sure enough, phone app mic mutes. I'm not sure if this just happens the first few times, like the other one.

Does Samsung offer a dongle and does it hold up fairly well?