Is there anything about the Note 20 Ultra which you don't like?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Speaking of lefty...

My gripe is I prefer the volume rockers on the left side where they should be.

I've adjusted... use my middle finger when holding it with my left hand to reach and adjust one handed... but it's not a natural feeling where I can say it doesn't irk me after time.

Also, I would like if the rocker was at least notched in the middle. Maybe even a bit of texture at the top and bottom of the rockers to be able to better tell where your finger is when you make first contact to make the volume change. I find myself sliding around to be able to + or - volume... if I haven't mistaken the power button as part of the volume button when trying to make no-look adjustments.

If I were a right handed holder... I would say the rockers are too high and prefer them to be lower so that you don't have to reposition/wiggle the phone off your normal holding position to reach the rockers.
The power button the way it is on the Note 20u is little to low for my taste , long fingers :))

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The power button the way it is on the Note 20u is little to low for my taste , long fingers :))

If Samsung put the volume rockers on the left side, the power button would be back up higher on the right side in perfect spot. ;)

Samsung (reading??)... 90% of the world population are right-handed. That means when people do use two hands on a phone, the hold with their left and use their dominant hand... right hand for the processing. The rockers were in the perfect spot for us to use with our opposable thumbs!

Geez :confused:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If Samsung put the volume rockers on the left side, the power button would be back up higher on the right side in perfect spot. ;)

Samsung (reading??)... 90% of the world population are right-handed. That means when people do use two hands on a phone, the hold with their left and use their dominant hand... right hand for the processing. The rockers were in the perfect spot for us to use with our opposable thumbs!

Geez :confused:
Lol true , being a lefty I hold the phone in my right hand couldn't hold in my left and then use the right for writing .

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I hate how thick the camera bump is. When I have no case on it and it's laying flat on a table it's wobbly and annoying.

True... But then I can't remember the last phone I didn't want the case on

Minor gripes only with the Note 20 Ultra - fingerprint sensor could be more responsive,

I am surprised to see several people saying this. I have really been impressed with how well the fingerprint sensor works, especially since I started using my thumb instead of a finger.

Jaskaran Bhatia7

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Fingerprint sensor is very finicky, Camera shutter speed is pretty poor- although when it gets it right it's really nice.
Just these two points they need to improve upon in my view.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
True... But then I can't remember the last phone I didn't want the case on

I am surprised to see several people saying this. I have really been impressed with how well the fingerprint sensor works, especially since I started using my thumb instead of a finger.

I've always used my thumb for the fingerprint scanner unless it's on the back like my other phone the Pixel 3axl which is on the back.

Donglelife872

Mar 3, 2021
Visit site
It sure would be nice if I could send or receive calls reliably when I have wired headphones attached. The mp3 apps were closed when I tried again. Same bug (muted send mic) unless I disconnected the dongle.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It sure would be nice if I could send or receive calls reliably when I have wired headphones attached. The mp3 apps were closed when I tried again. Same bug (muted send mic) unless I disconnected the dongle.
Maybe from the dongle or 3rd party app your using?

Donglelife872

Mar 3, 2021
Visit site
The mic stays normal if I reattach the dongle at any time in the conversation.

I don't think it does it 100% of the time; that's what makes it so hard to troubleshoot. I didn't notice this problem until Oneui 3.1.

It also would be nice if I could find one perfect audio app. Poweramp has a better lock screen control and I don't have to manually import files. However, it has infuriating problems with files from certain folders not showing up in the playlists. Samsung music generally works, though it's missing a lock screen control where I can skip forward in the program and I don't think it shows the program's time in the lock screen. One also has to manually import playlists.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
I Use my N20U to play games with a steel pro controller and Xbox cloud. The performance is amazing! However battery life is moot! But with the rapid charge ability, battery life is sustained and never have had the device die due to zero battery. I use the galaxy pro tws+ steel pro gaming controller and the bt connection is ultra stable. My version of the N20U is the Snapdragon 865.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The mic stays normal if I reattach the dongle at any time in the conversation.

I don't think it does it 100% of the time; that's what makes it so hard to troubleshoot. I didn't notice this problem until Oneui 3.1.

It also would be nice if I could find one perfect audio app. Poweramp has a better lock screen control and I don't have to manually import files. However, it has infuriating problems with files from certain folders not showing up in the playlists. Samsung music generally works, though it's missing a lock screen control where I can skip forward in the program and I don't think it shows the program's time in the lock screen. One also has to manually import playlists.
Yeah understand,but try different dongle if you have one just to rule being intermittent with that.

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
1. fingerprint sensor not up to par for a flagship phone
2. s-pen should be on the right especially when you are holding the phone with your left hand
3. is note 20 the last of the note series? wish samsung would give an honest answer to the consumer. i got note 20 ultra thinking it would be the LAST note ever, otherwise i would have waited for the next note 21 or 22.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
It also would be nice if I could find one perfect audio app. Poweramp has a better lock screen control and I don't have to manually import files. However, it has infuriating problems with files from certain folders not showing up in the playlists. .
I do find with the latest version, or with the latest Android version, whichever, I am having to rescan the card on every reboot if I go to the app promptly. Card is not encrypted.

But if directories to search in are properly selected in Settings, it always finds it again.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
As always the only issue is what would I replace it with?

I try a few flagships each year. And none come close......

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Nope, i love everything about mine. I'm very rough with my devices and so is my dog and after 6 months, i can honestly say i don't find one wrong thing with it.