Issues with Priv MM update

msimon 9

May 12, 2016
Visit site
Since I did the update to Marshmallow on my Priv, the battery life is not as good, it runs hot when using applications and the touch controls to launch apps and even unlock the phone has a significant lag. Has anyone else experienced this regardless of the carrier?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I know you said regardless of carrier, BUT there is a known issue with the T-Mobile app that causes the device to both run hot and drain battery. The solution is to remove the T-Mobile app from your device. (You can set up a homepage link to the T-Mobile mobile site in it's place) There may be other apps that are causing the over heating also. Anything the persistently checks the internet for info may cause this.

freedomx20a

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
It does run hotter mine always does the cool down feature cuz it heats up more.

And battery is a bit worse. Remember doze only works when you don't touch your phone

posted via the lovely innovative Priv by BlackBerry - Powered by Android

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I had troubles like that after one of the monthly security updates. I finally did a factory reset, and all has been good since then. I strongly advise you try it.

freedomx20a

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
There is a new update for beta and it fixes heat and battery big time. Aff057

posted via the lovely innovative Priv by BlackBerry - Powered by Android

Media Warrior

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
After the June update and security patch my phone turned into a heating element. Seriously, and goes to Cool mode in my pocket locked up..finally did factory reset last night. Today, battery at 66 % since on at 5:00 am. Sad part. I forgot to back up password keeper...:>(

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Since I did the update to Marshmallow on my Priv, the battery life is not as good, it runs hot when using applications and the touch controls to launch apps and even unlock the phone has a significant lag. Has anyone else experienced this regardless of the carrier?
It is common for phone to run hot after major update. After a while this should go away.

NightFire

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Yes, a factory reset is a pain, but effective. Also, toggle off your adaptive brightness. The update toggled mine back on and it eats the battery.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ijulnesia