issues with proximity sensor

infamous84

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Im having issues with the proximity sensor, when I go to the voicemail app and play a voicemail, the screen goes black while the phone is in my hand. I have to go under direct light for the screen to stay on to play a voicemail.
The same is happening when I am trying to make an international call using the vonage app. I have to be under direct light for the screen to stay on.

I have reset my phone multiple times, restarted multiples times, what other options do I have?

Thanks in advance.

urban4x4

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, though not with VM, but when I make a call the screen automaticly goes to black even when I'm not holding it up to my face. I downloaded Android Sensor Box to test it. It shows 0.0 cm unless I'm in natural light or shine a bright light directly on the sensor. I've tried to correlate it to the light sensor. Once the light sensor reads at least 320 luxes the proximity sensor will show 9.0 cm; anything below 320 and it reads 0.0cm. My HTC One is naked - no case, no screen protector. Hard reset did not fix the problem.

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I remember my Evo 4G Lte did this. It was a software issue and was fixed when JB was released.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using AC Forums mobile app

dex4

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My phone does the exact same thing. Just played a voice mail while it was black and then held it up to a light to see the screen came back on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23