Jelly Bean Tips - Post them here

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
HTC media link HD performance is buttery smooth with no lag, hiccups, or buffering. I also did media link firmware upgrade. Extremely happy now. Supports 1080p flawlessly.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

dyphx

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
This may not be new, but it's the first time I've notice it. Two finger scrolling in the messaging app pops up a window containing the date of the messages.

In the People app, two finger scrolling pops up the first letter of the name at the top of the screen.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset after updating so that I could start fresh and avoid any conflicts. I'm willing to bet that has something to do with it, because I definitely can't disable any of those apps :(

There is definitely something strange going on. On MY phone many were disabled before the update. However, I have another Evo for my CEO that had never been used yet, had nothing disabled, was updated (by me) and THEN I disabled most of the same apps as on my phone with no problem. I can't keep it all straight in my head, however...

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
This may not be new, but it's the first time I've notice it. Two finger scrolling in the messaging app pops up a window containing the date of the messages.

In the People app, two finger scrolling pops up the first letter of the name at the top of the screen.

The pop-up stuff is not new... that happens with scrolling (and is nice). But I don't think I knew about two-finger scrolling as a short cut. Or maybe I did? I am losing my mind...

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The pop-up stuff is not new... that happens with scrolling (and is nice). But I don't think I knew about two-finger scrolling as a short cut. Or maybe I did? I am losing my mind...

It didn't do it before, at least the behavior was different. It's definitely a lot nicer though because the little slider on the right so tiny I often open a contact inadvertently because I can't get to the edge of the screen just right.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I definitely didn't know about this but I think it's great!

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
There is definitely something strange going on. On MY phone many were disabled before the update. However, I have another Evo for my CEO that had never been used yet, had nothing disabled, was updated (by me) and THEN I disabled most of the same apps as on my phone with no problem. I can't keep it all straight in my head, however...

Ya know what's even stranger??? When trying to fix my proximity sensor I did 5 hard resets and completely reset my phone up 4 times(yes I am a glutton for punishment lol). Now I cant remember which ones, but there were a couple apps that kept going between letting me disable them, and not letting me do it each time. I know the Flicker for HTC Sense was one for sure.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Ya know what's even stranger??? When trying to fix my proximity sensor I did 5 hard resets and completely reset my phone up 4 times(yes I am a glutton for punishment lol). Now I cant remember which ones, but there were a couple apps that kept going between letting me disable them, and not letting me do it each time. I know the Flicker for HTC Sense was one for sure.

I know these ones are optional Picasa,Facebook,,drop box ,friendstream,Google- magazines,playbooks,movies& TV,maps.

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

circusdeath

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it was there prior to the update, but after my phone took the update it no longer works. Have tried everything I could find from googling the issue with no resolustion. Have the lastest HTC Sync, even did a phone reset with no luck.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
You can change your lock screen wallpaper to make it different from your main wallpaper.
You can block text messages and phone calls.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

But, have you noticed that when you set a camera gallery photo as one of your wallpapers, it makes the image really grainy? That's ridiculous and defeats the point of this beautiful screen to show off your wallpapers. And why does it need to crop the selected image to a small portion of it, thus blowing that part up and making it grainy in the first place? Why isn't the full vertical image size used to make the wallpaper?? HTC, this makes no (S)ense!
So annoying now to have super clear app icons and widgets overlaying a grainy photo wallpaper.

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I like the stock car app a lot except for one GLARING omission....Google Play Music is not a music option. Does anyone know of a way to make it an option?

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Beamed a pic to my Nexus- dont remember if this was working before think I could only send apps..

I tried it myself and it worked flawlessly! I can't believe they didn't market this HUGE improvement! Good job Sprint/HTC.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
There is an app called QuickPic that sets a nicer wallpaper than the stock. For some reason when using it the pics appear crisper. You just install it then go to your gallery to set the wallpaper like normal. When you choose the it as wallpaper you can choose if you want to use QuickPic.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it was there prior to the update, but after my phone took the update it no longer works. Have tried everything I could find from googling the issue with no resolustion. Have the lastest HTC Sync, even did a phone reset with no luck.

If you are going to reference something quote it. No one knows what "it" and "the issue" are