Just picked up my new Nexus 7! Now what?

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I got it for me, but also for my two kids, ages 8 & 10. I've set them each up with a Google profile. I have some apps in mind that I have on my phone that I want to put on the N7, but what apps are there that are optimized or best for the tablet that I may want to get?

Also, any advice regarding multiple accounts is appreciated. Thanks!

henywatty

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Apps:
Flipboard
All the Google Apps
Pocket
Evernote and Evernote Widget
Tapatalk HD

Sent from my Nexus 7 running Android 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Very similar to my situation, bought the n7 as a family tablet and wife was skeptical. Now we have use a timer to make sure everyone has fair time.

first thing to do is to update to jelly bean 4.2.1

I didn't bother with the multiple user accounts because it didn't seem all that necessary (our kids are 8 and 4).

if you are going to sync all your Gmail accounts to this device, then maybe I would go with multiple user accounts. I chose to use a single new Gmail account which I control to set up the n7 without adding in my other accounts.

I basically have a homepage for each kid with their apps on it.

I recommend using handbrake to convert dvd video files into mv4 s that take up less space and can be loaded on the n7 and played by the movie player. great for kid's movies.

recommend pocket minecraft.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Cool - thanks for all the good recommendations! Thankfully, my kids have been really good with my phone, and I expect they'll do the same with the tablet. They only use it in the car or sitting on the couch or something. I picked up a case for it at Staples when I got it. I'll check out those apps. I set each of them up with their own Google account so they can have their "own space" since they have to share it.

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I see quite a few people referring to Tapatalk HD, I don't see this on the market. The over I have installed is Tapatalk 2. Where can I get the HD one?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

flacousa

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
One tablet between a 8 and 10 year old, a really thick case. And if it's brothers, make it armor plated....:eek:

Got one 32g tonight to share between my wife and two granddaughters (3 & 5) besides the care plan from Walmart $28 I also got her the Gumdrop case from Amazon, that is one tough case and splash proof.

Sent from planet earth