Just received my new S20 Ultra with a scuff in the screen protector! Anyone else?

GMGCPA

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Astonished that upon opening the phone's box I immediately saw a scuff in the upper right hand corner on the factory screen protector...panicked I immediately took it off to make sure the screen was ok which it was but now I'm out the factory screen protector as I wanted to leave it on...Samsung live chat would only send me to a Ubreakitifix store that i have to pay for...they wouldn't mail me another one...was gonna sent everything back for refund, but screw it, just went to Amazon for a reliable LK version...very disappointing for such an expensive phone...what happened to their quality control???...anyone else have this experience?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Yea, mine has a couple small imperfections also. These protectors were not installed as perfect as the note 10+ ones were.

Samsung actually sent out free replacements for the S10+ or Note 10+, all you had to do was call them.
Maybe because these are bad they might send out free replacements?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Yea, mine has a couple small imperfections also. These protectors were not installed as perfect as the note 10+ ones were.

Samsung actually sent out free replacements for the S10+ or Note 10+, all you had to do was call them.

They didn't do it for the Note...I tried. The rep told me I had to go through ubreakifix to get a new one.

GMGCPA

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Agreed with all you guys...my Note 10+ factory screen protector was perfect and the Samsung rep only suggested ubreakifix for my Ultra...shame on Samsung!

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
It’s a blessing. Tear that piece of crap off.

This.

It's not a screen protector. It's a sacrificial piece of film that dings up if you look at it sideways.

My S10+ came with that, and it didn't take but a few weeks before I pulled it off and went to a Zagg GlassFusion. No regrets.

That was after rocking my S9+ completely naked and having no ill effects whatsoever, so I knew right away that the factory "screen protector" was way, way weaker than the screen itself.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Mine was perfect, but a couple of weeks it started to show a couple of bubbles in one corner. I only recall freebee replacements on the S10 but I never bothered because I installed the Whitestone Dome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali