Kickstand and MicroUSB - Problem Solved!

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I fixed this problem a different way....

good fix!

Its just you have to carry that stand with you everwhere.

What I mean is? If you plan on using landscape mode and charging at the same time while your not at home at your desk?

You will have to bring your stand along.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I must be missing something. I just open the kickstand and place the phone vertically right side up. The kickstand works with or without the USB cord connected.

Barry

Yes, however, watching videos and video chatting in landscape mode
is much better. And normally, while doing any of the above? you will
most likely want you phone plugged in.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, however, watching videos and video chatting in landscape mode
is much better. And normally, while doing any of the above? you will
most likely want you phone plugged in.

I found a company that sells angled micro USB adpaters. It seems like it would work. There would be a slight tilt. Here is the link. I might try Rad Schack or BB first to see if there is one locally.

Barry

USB Micro-B Cables - Right Angle, short cables - 877-522-3779

empinball

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So, I know there have been a lot of complaints about the fact that you cannot charge the phone and use the kickstand at the same time because of the MicroUSB placement.

Well, I just determined that if you flip the phone around the other way so the MicroUSB port is on top, the kickstand is still quite capable of supporting the weight of the phone and keeping it upright. EDIT: This only works for me while the USB cable is plugged in. I think the USB Cable helps support some of the weight of the phone, because without it plugged in the phone is too heavy for the kickstand.

One more issue with the phone resolved :)

Sorry if this has already been discovered and discussed, but I have not seen it mentioned yet.
Do you have a case on your phone? I do and the weight is such that the kickstand collapses with or without the usb cable plugged in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174