Kies - and "firmware update" problem

wakukuk

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Kies - and "firmware update" problem

I cant understand " latest firmware doesnt support the upgrade " whats their point? No latest version? But 4.1.2 is already released.

- - - Updated - - -

I cant understand " latest firmware doesnt support the upgrade " whats their point? No latest version? But 4.1.2 is already released.

- - - Updated - - -

David Kyaw

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I already have that problem.I updated my S3 to 4.1 and plug to laptop.It shows like below

Your current firmware version is not supported to update kies via

I want to upgrade my firmware.please suggest me how can I solve this

Mario Martinez5

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem....however it was easily fixed by uninstall and re install of kies...however once the firmware downloads kies goes into a dim black state of idle time....if i click on it it says not responding...i read this on one of the sites, Note: The time to upgrade your device will vary. Dependent upon your computer and network connection, you may experience some idle time or slow response in Kies. Do not close any programs on your PC, disconnect or turn off your device until the upgrade process is complete. How do I update my Samsung Galaxy Note to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean? : AT&T Cell Phones | Samsung
not sure how long this stupid thing is to idle....its been like this for an hour WTF....any solutions...stuck

Melissa Ice Cream

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Uhg! How frustrating Kies has been. You seem to have a solution by (rooting) our phones. I have also read that by rooting my phone will not have to run needless programs and wear down my battery. Can you please guide me through the rooting process? Any help is appreciated.
-Melissa