Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 battery indicator stuck at 0% but is actually at 100%

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello,

All of a sudden, my Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 is at 0%. I wiped the cache and did a factory reset to try and fix it to no avail. What I noticed is that when I load up the tablet, the indicator is at 100% since it's fully charged. But, as WIFI and things start to load, it will randomly switch back and forth from 100% to 0% before settling on 0%.

Eventually, the tablet despite fully charged will turn off because the indicator says it's at 0%. The settings page says "Fully Charged" but the battery level says 0%.

How do I fix this problem? Is there a way to have the battery percentage flashed or fixed? When I did a check on system status, it returned back the device and the battery is healthy.

Note that I didn't even do anything to the tablet, I just woke up to it not turning on after sitting on my nightstand as an alarm clock for the past few weeks.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

I don't think it works that way. What I mean to say is the device wouldn't care if the indicator said 1000% or -40% that is just a reading based on what it sees coming from the battery and wouldn't cause it to shutdown just because the indicator says 0%. So what I really think is your battery is shot.

You've described all of the classic symptoms of a bad battery; indicates fully charged but quickly falls to low levels with minimal use, reads full quickly after being placed on the charger, randomly turns off (a lot of times this will happen when the indicator still shows some percentage and that's the only symptom you didn't describe). If I had to guess it probably doesn't have any issues if you use it while plugged in at any percentage, would that be correct?

We're talking about a 6 year old device, so it's totally reasonable to consider the battery is ready to be replaced.

To reply to this thread and receive notifications when others leave replies please create an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid