LG Backup and Restore Problem After Current System Update

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I just updated using Bridge (T-Mobile version of V10), and now LG Backup fails (or "Partially complete" to be specific. It might be a Textra issue since everything backs up but SMS. The error I get is:
LGBackup Partially Complete Check incomplete for details

Then below under personal data - "Messages not found"

If you have completed the system update can you check if LG Backup still works? Textra and non-Textra users would be great!

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem on AT$T

This is not good. I use SMS Backup & Restore but it would be nice to back up SMS a second way for redundancy. Hopefully SMS Backup & Restore is still working. The amount of data backed up to the cloud hasn't changed, anyway.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I think this is a Textra - LG Backup issue. Hopefully Texta is looking into it now. I'm in contact with their support.

ralfyguy

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
On my AT$T version the Backup doesn't work right anymore. There is constantly something incomplete from Home Screen to Second Screen and Settings not doing it right. My battery life took a severe beating.
This latest update is a trainwreck.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem exactly.

Do you use Textra? I'm trying to determine if it's a Textra related issue.
This is a screenshot. The result is "Partially Complete" and under "Personal Data" - "Messages not found"
So LG Backup can't find the SMS (Textra?) messages.

eP0IRcq.jpg

Last edited:

ralfyguy

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
One should never be required to reset a phone to factory just because an update was installed.
That is unprofessional and hideous. If that is what it takes, the quit trying to make software.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had this problem. My backup on LG Bridge works just fine. I don't have Textra, which seems to be a common factor for the problem. You also mentioned ATT. I don't know how a carrier would make a difference with the LG Bridge, other than it being a carrier software problem.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
My theory is that a new "feature" of the last update - LG is checking for the XML format of the messaging, and if not stock LG app it intentionally ignores the data.

The "solution" is to use SMS backup & restore for the backing up SMS /MMS. If there's a better backup option I'd love to know.

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
The way I got around this was to delete textra and then re install it after backing up :$.

Update: now it's saying my phone doesnt have enough space to back up? Confused.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qaz