LG G2 Charging and LED Notification Issues

raek612ex

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I've had an LG G2 for a little over 2 years now. Recently, I've been having the following problems:
  • Phone says it's charging (battery icon shows charging) but the percentage doesn't go up and even goes down
  • LED notification light doesn't turn off despite clearing all notifications
  • I've tried to solve the above problems by restarting my phone SEVERAL TIMES but to no avail
I've gotten a new charger about a week ago (new cable and cable head) and it works great when my phone decides to work properly. I restart it over 10 times sometimes and the problems still remain. I realize many will say I have to factory reset but I really want to stay away from that option. Is there anything else I can do, besides that or getting a new phone? And is there anyone else having a similar problem? This started happening only after I got the Lollipop update and hasn't improved since.

Thank you for any help or advice.

RK

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11127

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.