LG G2: Phone died during system update, now stuck on logo screen! HELP!

teeree85

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone! I scheduled my system update for overnight and completely forgot to plug it into the charger. This happened about 3 weeks ago. Everything was working fine until last night. The phone turned off and got stuck on the LG logo screen. I was able to turn it off and charged it to 100% and it was working fine this morning. About 2 hours later it went back to the logo screen. Currently, its stuck at the logo screen and has been all day . It will completely boot up once in awhile but after being on for a couple minutes it goes back to the logo screen. I tried a master reset but a screen comes up with the little android man laying down with his stomach open and there is a red triangle with a exclamation point over him (he's dead). He stays for a few min then the phone goes back to the logo screen. When I am able to get it back on, nothing is erased. Please Help! This is a prepaid phone so no insurance!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Get it booted up and back everything up - see Backing up an Android Device. If it takes booting it many times to get it all backed up, do it - because you're going to lose everything.

Then get a copy of the Flash Tool or the Support tool (or both), the LG driver for the phone and a stock ROM file (it comes in different formats for the 2 tools). Flash the stock ROM, make sure the phone is working, then restore everything.

See our LG section for your carrier (not your network operator - if you're using someone like Straight Talk, you'll have to figure out [or know] which carrier the phone is for, because they use all 4, some network operators use only 1 carrier) or the XDA Forums forum for the G2 for your carrier for links to the tools and a ROM file. (I prefer the Flash Tool because it's simpler and it's never failed me. The Flash Tool requires a .tot file, the Support Tool requires it in .kdz format.)

teeree85

May 23, 2015
Visit site
ok...so I did what you suggested. It starts the download then an error message comes up and says it lost connection and to try again. I did this a couple times in download mode and tried to do it with the phone on. Any other suggestions?:'(

teeree85

May 23, 2015
Visit site
ok...so I did what you suggested. It starts the download then an error message comes up and says it lost connection and to try again. I did this a couple times in download mode and tried to do it with the phone on. Any other suggestions?