LG Spectrum 2 Hard Plastic Cases

potatochipXL

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I've already sent messages out to known users of VS930 LG Spectrum 2 for Verizon about this, but if anyone has spent some time googling an answer for this issue like I have, maybe this post can connect us.
I recently purchased two hard plastic cases for my phone from two separate companies on Amazon, and had to return them immediately. They did not fit. I felt like the companies that made these cases did not account for the wireless charging back cover. It's either that, or they thought they could get away with recycling LG Optimus LTE 2 cases for the new Spectrum 2.
Have you found a hard plastic case seller that worked for you? :p

I know silicone cases are an easy solution to this problem but I'm quite fond of decorating hard cases.

Cheers!

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
A Lot of the cases that are labeled for the spectrum 2, even the ones labeled VS930 are still wrong.

If ordering from amazon, you have to look at the picture of the model phone in the case in the picture. The one with the button at the bottom is NOT right.

My girl ordered a case fitting the model number and name, but the screen protector cutout had a physical burrow cutout and the case was too thin to fit.

I'm ordering a different one, I'll update with a picture when it comes in to let people know who is selling the correct one.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355597965782.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355597965782.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 25
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355597979068.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355597979068.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 24
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355597990076.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355597990076.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 25
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355598007011.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355598007011.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 26

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I received the body glove case today and it is a great case. I really like the grips on the side. Recommended...

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
The problem with the body glove case is that it covers up the notifications with the power button.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
The problem with the body glove case is that it covers up the notifications with the power button.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2

Yep. I offered to cut it off for my girlfriend (it's her phone), but she doesn't care. I would have on my phone.

diecastdonkey

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I've got a body glove in the mail for me. I'm kind of anxious to cover this phone, seeing as how I already made a nice dent in the top plastic.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Android Central Forums

iclimbfree

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Can either of your clarify what you mean by it covers up the notifications button...and how this effects the user.

I have been looking for a case since I purchased my phone 3 weeks ago and this is driving me nuts.

I personally wanted a heavy duty cases but the closest thing to that was the Trident Case, as the Ballistic Cases only made for the original spectrum and same with the otterbox. I am double checking with Trident Cases to make sure their Aegis case truly was designed for the Spectrum 2 but would be very interested in the body glove if I know what you meant.

Thanks.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Can either of your clarify what you mean by it covers up the notifications button...and how this effects the user.

I have been looking for a case since I purchased my phone 3 weeks ago and this is driving me nuts.

I personally wanted a heavy duty cases but the closest thing to that was the Trident Case, as the Ballistic Cases only made for the original spectrum and same with the otterbox. I am double checking with Trident Cases to make sure their Aegis case truly was designed for the Spectrum 2 but would be very interested in the body glove if I know what you meant.

Thanks.

Don't use a case that i'd for a different model (the older one). They don't work.

The notification light is covered because the power button is covered.

It isn't that big of a deal, and you can find this case for $10 on ebay, so it isn't worth weeks of stressing yourself out over it. Especially since this is the only case made especially for the phone.

kclifton

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, does this case cover the face of the phone too? My husband got this phone from verizon, they promised they were getting otterboxes for it, come to find out they are not even making them, so i am in desperate need for a case. But need one that covers the face screen of the phone?

tooter123

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi there, does this case cover the face of the phone too? My husband got this phone from verizon, they promised they were getting otterboxes for it, come to find out they are not even making them, so i am in desperate need for a case. But need one that covers the face screen of the phone?

Which case are you referring to?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

ninelives1972

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the Body Glove LG Spectrum 2 Tactic Case - White/Grey as well.
Amazon.com: Body Glove LG Spectrum 2 Tactic Case - White/Grey: Cell Phones & Accessories
Love the fit, the look is growing on me.
I feel much better now that my phone has some protection. It actually fits in my leather pouch I purchased from Target.
Moda Casi Cell Phone Case - Black (241) : Target

Edited: Verizon finally started to stock a holster for this phone, I broke down and bought it because it has a much lower profile than the leather case I mentioned above. It will be my back up plan.
I really do appreciate being able to see the notification led, it makes sense!! What is funny is I have not had a notification led since my Motorola StarTAC. Did not realize how much I use it....:)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred