locks up / reboots

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem ? Is this normal ?

I bought my incredible at bestbuy last friday and since it has locked up a few times (becomes completely unresponsive) and rebooted a few times too.

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Still happening Happened today while I was on drudge pinching to zoom.

I'm wondering if there is anything I should try before taking it back.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You should try doing a factory reset and don't add all you third party apps back. If the lock ups don't start up try adding your apps back one by one to eliminate any of them. If you have the same problems after the reset I would take your phone in for a replacement.

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
You should try doing a factory reset and don't add all you third party apps back. If the lock ups don't start up try adding your apps back one by one to eliminate any of them. If you have the same problems after the reset I would take your phone in for a replacement.

Thanks for the advice I was thinking the same thing. I just finished a factory reset. I'll have to wait and see as it could take a couple of days before it happens again.

I always hate returning phones because you never know what you will get as a replacement.

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure they can be I just always picture some guy "testing" a returned phone by turning it on running it for a few minutes not seeing a problem then putting it back in the box.

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
So I may have made some progress in indentifying the problem.

It locked up on me again while I was on the drudge report. Completely unresponsive had to do a battery pull.

When I got home just now I did some testing refreshing the page to cycle through the ads.

So far I have managed to catch it behaving quite strangely.
First I noticed it would switch to another app for no reason. I would go back to the internet app and it would be reloading the page (how can I tell if it crashed and restarted ??)

Then I was able to see the touch screen unresponsive but I was still getting alerts from another app that was running. It was weird the home button would cause it to vibrate but wouldn’t actually change the screen. It did switch to landscape a few times when it was in this state when I turned the phone.

Then I had it where it would come up and ask me to force close or wait. When I clicked wait it would just wait a few seconds and come back up with the same prompt again so eventually I force closed it.

Now I have it where it is completely locked up again. I will do a battery pull to make it respond again (no, the power button does not work).

So now I am wondering if there is a problem with the phone that these flash ads are brining to light, or if it is just a compatibility issue with the phone.

Anyone else care to give it a try and see if you can reproduce this problem? Sure I’ll just stay off the site if it is a problem with the incredible and that site but I would like to rule out a problem with my phone.

a_man05

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, mine has locked up on the drudge report twice (once pinch zoom, once just sliding around the page). No other problems though (I've only had mine for week now). The flash ad thing is a possibility, if I had to guess, I would say that it happens when the ads change, though I haven't been able to confirm this yet.

Carebare723

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Locking up on everything!

Wow. So I was looking for the forum I had found on my droid (before it locked up and I walked away frustrated) for it locking up and this is not it but same issue! It started last night when I was playing a game my return button wouldn't work so I hit the home button and then nothing worked. I tried to turn it off but it won't stay powered off! I ended up taking the battery out as it locked up COMPLETELY. I tried the other power off options suggested (plugging into power source and holding power button for 5 seconds- didn't work phone came back on). On the other forum (here on androidcentral somewhere!) the best fix had been to uninstall all apps. I'm about at that point. Also, while online looking at androidcentral the phone would enter information for me when I was trying to log in, or enter any information then would lock up. Then different things would flash on the screen like I was hitting something on the web site instead of the letters on the touch screen. Never had this happen before.
Something has landed!

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If i was having problems with my phone rebooting,
I would remove all my apps and slowly add them back day by day not add them all back at once.

If that didnt fix i would do a factory reset and test my apps one by one and and more as i saw No issues with.

If my phone rebooted or acted weird with no apps after a factory reset,id have it replaced. Good Luck.

Sent using TapAtalk

Carebare723

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Uninstalling

I am trying to uninstall however it is difficult as the touch screen doesn't seem to work when touched or it reacts VERRRRYYYYY SSSSLLLLOOOWWW!!! That is the most frustrating part is trying to do ANYTHING on it now. I was able to get it to finally totally power off but silly me turned it back on and now it won't shut off again, and is still locking up. sigh. :(

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to uninstall however it is difficult as the touch screen doesn't seem to work when touched or it reacts VERRRRYYYYY SSSSLLLLOOOWWW!!! That is the most frustrating part is trying to do ANYTHING on it now. I was able to get it to finally totally power off but silly me turned it back on and now it won't shut off again, and is still locking up. sigh. :(

2.2 resolved my locking up. I suspect it is due to getting real adobe flash instead of whatever came with the 2.1 htc rom. That may sound silly but hasn't locked up like that since the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796