Verizon Galaxy S8 Long press issues and ghost touches

PittDucky

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I've had issues with my S8+ since I got it with not being able to perform long presses anywhere on my screen. I notice it frequently when I'm in the apps screen.

The other, similar issue I've had is with ghost touches. They're always in the upper left corner. It usually happens if I'm holding my phone vertically. I notice it most often when I'm lying in bed on my phone. It typically takes some time in that position before it starts.

I just did a factory reset and am having the issue again already. Unfortunately, I bought the phone through Swappa so I can't get a replacement easily.

Has anyone had similar issues? Is it a known problem? Anything I can do?

Thanks in advance!

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I went with Action Launcher from day 1 so, the long press issue I do not have. Maybe it is a touchwiz issue?

The ghost press and apps launching is annoying for me. For me, i thought it was because it would think that I was swiping to open but found out that was not the case.

PittDucky

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I didn't even think about trying a different launcher. I'll give that a shot today. Thanks.

Would love to hear if anyone has figured out anything regarding the ghost touches. It's not all the time, but when it happens, it's near impossible to use my phone.

decorin

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Ghost touches can also be a hardware problem. The same thing happened on my old Moto X Pure, random touches all over the screen, hitting random icons, activating apps ect. It got worse over time to the point where the phone was unusable.

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Mine has just started with the Ghost touching upper left corner.
Phone gets hot. Only way to break it out of the touches is to hard reset the pone with a Volume down power button combo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord