Longtime Note user bored with 10+. Thinking of making the switch to iPhone

daninbluemd

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious about your consistent, all-day use of the S-Pen. How are you using it? I upgraded to a newer Note from a previous Note thinking I would get more use out of the S-Pen now that it has more functions...only to find that I still don't use it much! :D Other Note owners have shared the same experience. I still like the Note because of the size (and occasional S-Pen use).

As far as iPhone 11 Pro Max versus Note 10, I hear you on wanting to switch it up. I almost got an iPhone but, in the end, stuck with the Note. I find that this Note is so much different than my older Note that I might as well have switched operating systems, though! :) You could always switch back if you don't like the iPhone. While other users report being bored with iPhone, if you've never had one, you might not be.

Maybe "all day" is a stretch but I use it a LOT. I'm writing a book right now and as I'm reading/researching I'm constantly taking handwritten notes or copying/pasting into a note along with handwritten details, I make to-do lists, shopping lists, take notes while I'm on a call (which links to the call history automatically), I've taken orders from customers (again, links to the call), am always taking notes during a face to face conversation (could be as simple as a book title or movie or other details that I'd forget), I keep a daily log from time to time of sleep, calories, exercise, etc. I used to carry a small notebook & pen all the time before getting a Note.

But what I've really liked is using it for is sketches of projects along with a material list, sketches of setups for machines, the ability to easily convey information via a sketch, the ability to embed a picture into a note or draw on a picture, draw on a screenshot, add a sketch or note to an email, etc.

I actually came on here tonight to post a S-Pen question. On my Note 4, I could draw a line, circle, etc. freehand, then select it and do a "transform to shape" and it would turn it into a straight line, actual circle, etc. Was super handy for making custom charts & sketches. I'd fully expected the Note 10+ to have even BETTER capabilities but I don't see it AT ALL - I'm sure there's an app I can use, but... I could also create a template on my Note 4 and then just "Savs-As" with a different file name every time I used it and retain the original template for future use and I don't see how to do that on the 10+. I haven't even begun really to maximize the new S-Pen features (have barely fooled w/ the button's potential or gestures) but so far, these are my biggest disappointments and hopefully I'm just missing something.

Hope this helps - You can see why to me, that there's the Note and everything else and why this question baffles me, but I took to the S-Pen like a fish in water.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174