Love this battery!

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This is with a but over 2 hours of screen on time, and pretty heavy use....

Just got the phone, so there's only been one battery cycle prior to this one....

Posted via my Nokia 8210 from the inside of a Kitten.

Attachments

• 2805.jpg
    2805.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 190

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
5am to 10pm.... This brought a tear of joy to my eye. Over 4 hours of SOT with heavy use all day.

Attachments

• 3630.jpg
    3630.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 165

blackmarket

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd nexus 6p this one is refurbished from Google now since I did a warranty claim and the battery life on this 6p blows the last one out of the water so I feel it's a hit and miss. My first one was okay second one bad and this one amazingly good

Edit: just wanted to add I feel like doze didn't work properly on my last nexus 6p on those one I lost 1% over 6 hours while asleep my last one would lose 6+%

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Not too bad at all; especially when you consider your cellular signal isn't that good.

I am also quite happy with this phone's battery life. Better than the G4 for me. Only phone I've had that generally did better was the Moto X Play, but that may not be a fair comparison! :)

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd nexus 6p this one is refurbished from Google now since I did a warranty claim and the battery life on this 6p blows the last one out of the water so I feel it's a hit and miss. My first one was okay second one bad and this one amazingly good

Edit: just wanted to add I feel like doze didn't work properly on my last nexus 6p on those one I lost 1% over 6 hours while asleep my last one would lose 6+%

How is it working with Google's insurance claims process? Pretty painless?

RTD212

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
How is it working with Google's insurance claims process? Pretty painless?

I got a replacement under warranty and it was painless. They want a CC to hold the price of a new phone in case you don't return the defective one. As soon as I shipped the old back, they released the hold. It's worth noting that my phone had damage to the outer shell BC I dropped it and they still took it back with no issues. Thank God I dont have to deal with Verizon now, only to pay my bill!

Posted via the Android Central App

Marius1919

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
We all love the battery, for me personally was a long wait, for a device to last my entire day of normal use, without doze and with the gorgeous screen brightness turned all the way up. I ussualy have 20% on the night stand.
Let's be honnest the biggest battery plus is the charging speed, I usually plug it in the morning while I shower eat and dresup, and then when I'm ready to go usualy 99%

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I just plugged in my phone to charge a little bit ago. This latest cycle yielded a high point with the battery. I was able to get a day and a half of usage with 8 hours SOT. I'd already reached 4 1/2 hours by the time I hit 50%. How?

My screen is at 5% brightness (I use an app called CoolBright to manually control brightness, with numerical value shown). I've toggled off or disabled all that I could, and just use things as needed. I do have Gmail and Twitter syncing.

I also have AMOLED themes enabled in apps that offer them, use NB Pro broswer to browse the web in AMOLED rendering, and have no Facebook apps installed; I do get Messenger messages through Chrome, however. Having no Facebook crap installed definitely makes a huge difference. I seriously love this phone.

Last edited:

Leon Stevens

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
You got a refurb? How was the quality of the refurb? (If others have received refurbs, please chime in too)!

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You got a refurb? How was the quality of the refurb? (If others have received refurbs, please chime in too)!

I'm hijacking my own thread here, but it seems the only decent insurance by a "carrier" is the Nexus protect.

Best buy doesn't honor the 2 year warranty like they do on other phones.... Unlocked phones only have the option for 1 year....

I never understood the point of that one year warranty that runs at the same time as the manufacturer warranty... Always seemed like a waste. I mean, I see advantages, but you know what I mean.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I understand usage is different for everyone but I honestly don't have a clue how some are getting more then 4 hours of screen on time and going 2 or 3 days without charging. I got 3h and 46m of screen on for my best and that was running the battery down to 1%.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm seeing some graphs demonstrating how to make battery makers wealthy. Draining a lithium polymer battery past 40% has never been a good idea, except for the first 3 charge cycles after long-term storage. They're not capable of handling that kind f deep discharge, and you can kill a battery completely in less than 6 months if you keep using it that way. See http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ng-lithium-polymer-batteries.html#post4271880 (I don't care which phone or tablet it is - 40% is determined by the chemistry of lithium batteries and the phone manufacturer can't change the laws of chemistry.)

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm seeing some graphs demonstrating how to make battery makers wealthy. Draining a lithium polymer battery past 40% has never been a good idea, except for the first 3 charge cycles after long-term storage. They're not capable of handling that kind f deep discharge, and you can kill a battery completely in less than 6 months if you keep using it that way. See http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ng-lithium-polymer-batteries.html#post4271880 (I don't care which phone or tablet it is - 40% is determined by the chemistry of lithium batteries and the phone manufacturer can't change the laws of chemistry.)

Having to babysit a battery and keeping it no lower than 40% and no higher than 80% as I've seen some say here is ridiculous as well. It totally negates just enjoying the phone. And not everyone can have access to a charger depending on where one is, the second a battery hits 39%, especially with USB-C becoming standard. To me, Android as an OS requires enough management as it is, as I've posted above, concerning my set up to achieve the battery life I have.

Last edited:

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Having to babysit a battery and keeping it no lower than 40% and no higher than 80% as I've seen some say here is ridiculous as well. It totally negates just enjoying the phone. And not everyone can have access to a charger depending on where one is, the second a battery hits 39%, especially with USB-C becoming standard. To me, Android as an OS requires enough management as it is, as I've posted above, concerning my set up to achieve the battery life I have.

Yep... I don't do any special battery care, and all my devices have lasted over 2 years....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azrae9484