major unknown problems w 2.2 upgrade!

bounce03x

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
its been 7 days since USCC store updated me back to the new 2.2. On the first day, I had 1 call that didnt show up on my caller ID but did have a voicemail... but after that... my emails are on point.. calls seem to be all coming in. So far so good!

LaTuFu#AC

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
My phone has been just fine ever since the EE19 update. No lockups/freezes, calls are coming in.

Now if they would just do something about the battery life...

zacharyzblewski

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I cannot get the newest update installed on my girlfriends phone. I've tried it 4 times since the 14th and it fails to install. Should I just take it into the store and have them do it?

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I cannot get the newest update installed on my girlfriends phone. I've tried it 4 times since the 14th and it fails to install. Should I just take it into the store and have them do it?

What exactly is it doing? A problem I had when I upgraded my wife's phone was that the phone shut itself off halfway through the download, and so it disconnected from kies. What I ended up doing was changing her screen settings to stay on for 10 minutes, and while the update was downloading, I'd just mess with the volume buttons every 5 minutes or so to keep the phone on. Doing that, the phone upgraded without a hitch.
Hope that helps, otherwise, yes, you might just want to take it in to a tech center.

LaTuFu#AC

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
The problems I've seen most often on Mez forums seem to pop up with mini-kies updates. I'm not saying its not possible to do a clean update from MK. But if you're having a lot of trouble with it, getting a tech center to apply it might not be a bad idea.

Be aware its a full wipe update when you have them do it. Make a backup!

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Its been a few weeks.. so far so good!

That's good to hear...my wife's mez has been a little quirky on the update fix, mine is running the Heinz57 rom so I haven't had any issues. I'm considering putting my wife's mez on a different unofficial rom, since her complaints are starting to get a little old :) I may just need to wipe her phone; that could be part of the problem. Just thinking out loud :p

LaTuFu#AC

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
That's good to hear...my wife's mez has been a little quirky on the update fix, mine is running the Heinz57 rom so I haven't had any issues. I'm considering putting my wife's mez on a different unofficial rom, since her complaints are starting to get a little old :) I may just need to wipe her phone; that could be part of the problem. Just thinking out loud :p

When you did the update on her phone, did you do a full wipe update at the tech center, or did you download a mini kies update and run it?

Mine has been running flawlessly (if having a weaker radio/3G signal is flawless, I suppose) since a full wipe re-load of EE19.

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
When you did the update on her phone, did you do a full wipe update at the tech center, or did you download a mini kies update and run it?

Mine has been running flawlessly (if having a weaker radio/3G signal is flawless, I suppose) since a full wipe re-load of EE19.

Yeah I just did the mini-kies update, so she wouldn't have to re-install all of her apps. But in hindsight, with samsungs track record, I probably should have used Odin and done a pit, then update. I'm thinking of putting her on the leaked/rooted 2.2 that was floating around this forum before the first 2.2 update. I used that and it was rock solid. Or I may put her on the same Heinz57 as I have...has a lot of nice little tweaks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred