Maxx used on an Atrix lapdock?

GripnRip#CB

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
So there is a guy on ebay with a mass of Atrix lapdocks and extension cables for a good price. The ad says that it will work with other droid devices, give you an error but still recognize the device.

Anyone have any experience that can confirm or discredit this?

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm not quite sure about the Atrix lapdock, but I know the Razr/Razr Maxx will work with a Bionic lapdock. A co-worker bought a Bionic lapdock when Verizon clearanced them out to $50 and it works just fine with his Razr. He did have to do a little fab work to get it to fit since the ports are in a different location on each phone. He basically cut the opening where he could slide his Razr in upside down and then took an old holster back and glued it to the dock where it would support the phone to support the weight of it.

Also for what it's worth the Atrix and Bionic Lapdocks look almost identical to me.

AmigaDave

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
So there is a guy on ebay with a mass of Atrix lapdocks and extension cables for a good price. The ad says that it will work with other droid devices, give you an error but still recognize the device.

Anyone have any experience that can confirm or discredit this?

I have purchased one of the Atrix lapdocks to use with my Raspberry Pi (when it arrives in a few more weeks), but I am trying to find out if it can also be converted to be used with my Samsung Galaxy Prevail Android 2.2 smart phone.

I am new to any Android devices and smart phones in general, so forgive me if this is a stupid question. I don't know if my low end Android smart phone is even capable of running on any lapdocks, but since I already have this one to use with my Raspberry Pi, it would be a great bonus if I could also use it to work with my unlimited data plan at Boost Mobile and my existing Samsung Galaxy Prevail cell phone.

Any advice or tips would be most welcome.

P.S. this new Motorola LapDock is very nicely designed and manufactured and the packaging that it arrived in reminded me of the over-engineered packaging of Apple products. This is one box I will be keeping, just in case I sell the LapDock some time in the future, or want to protect it during a move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaee