Media player issues

Ddust14

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
YouTube won't play or control from the media player in the notification shade. Music controls won't even show up on the lock screen. Anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I just read if you have Face Unlock and Skip the Lockscreen enabled, you lose the YouTube Music player if the phone is locked.

You'll have to re-enable Do Not Skip Lockscreen.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
No Lock Screen Music Widgets

I have a strange issue with my 7 Pro ... I cannot get lock screen music controls/widget to show. I primarily use YouTube Music and I tried force stoping, clearing cache and data, uninstalled updates and reinstalled and rebooting the device (multiple times) all without luck. I even downloaded Spotify and no go with it either (I haven't used Spotify in a while so not sure they offer lock screen controls, but I assumed they do). I've gone through all my YTM settings and lock screen settings and cannot figure out why the controls aren't showing on my lock screen. My wife has a Pixel 4a and my daughter has the Pixel 7 (non pro); my settings in YTM and lock screen/our versions of YTM all match and they have lock screen controls.

I am at a loss as to why I can't get this to work!!
Here are my lock screen settings:

Screenshot_20221021-085520.jpg

Am I missing a setting or am I looking in the wrong place? Never had to work to get lock screen music controls before LOL

Beachboy63

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Re: No Lock Screen Music Widgets

Do you have face unlock set up and, if so, do you have it set to bypass the lock screen? If you do, that may be the issue. I've read that if you select the feature that bypasses the lock screen you lose the music player widget. I too no longer have that widget and that's how mine is set up. Haven't tried to disable the bypass feature to see if the widget reappears.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Do you have face unlock set up and, if so, do you have it set to bypass the lock screen? If you do, that may be the issue. I've read that if you select the feature that bypasses the lock screen you lose the music player widget. I too no longer have that widget and that's how mine is set up. Haven't tried to disable the bypass feature to see if the widget reappears.

You are a genius! I would have never guessed that in a million years, but that was it. I turned off the bypass lock screen option and the widget on my lock screen worked. Very disappointing you can't have both

Last edited:

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

Agreed..... Very disappointing.

I just came here to post the exact same thing! And... and now it's been covered.

Agree too. Very disappointing. Doesn't even work if you don't put your face in front of the camera.

Now I have to decide which I want more.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

I went to try it before I saw pseudoware's post. Same result. I think the media player pin just keeps the player controls above your notifications. I assume it sticks there? I had it off and I still get media controls there but I can swipe them away.

I am going to leave some good ol' fashion feedback somewhere... I know there is a place for it somewhere.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

Pull your notification panel down on lock screen

Interesting. That works in a way. If you tap your screen to wake it and it doesn't catch your face, you can access the media controls when you pull down on the notification panel. I'm going to have to try this out in everyday usage.

Thanks Mustang!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Screenshot on lock screen
a8f3be44f5eb06aab9f56291d67acd37.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

I just noticed you don't need that "pin media player" checked. Still works in the notification panel. So, basically, it was there the whole time I had it set to go straight to the home screen and never noticed.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I just noticed you don't need that "pin media player" checked. Still works in the notification panel. So, basically, it was there the whole time I had it set to go straight to the home screen and never noticed.
Try it for other Media u might need pin

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Pull your notification panel down on lock screen

The media player is in quick setting from the lock screen whether that setting is off or on, for me anyway.. That is an alternative to the media player missing on the Lock screen itself when face unlock lock screen bypass is on, but still would like a fix for this.