Messages app problems

marcch

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I have an HTC Legend (Vodafone Branded), that I am using unlocked in Lebanon.
Mobile phone numbers usually start with 03, and the International Country Code is +961.

When I send a message, it gets sent as 03****** and is stored in one thread. Then, when the same person replies to my message, it arrives as +9613******. The phone is considering them as 2 different phone numbers, and storing the received messages in a different thread.

Is there any solution? Shall I install a non-branded ROM or anything? Is there an app for that?

Btw, I have updated yesterday to 2.05.161.1 OTA, and now in addition to this problem, I have the problem of the SMS showing older messages first.
Handcent SMS doesn't fix the thread problem btw...

marcch

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
No my contacts are stored without the country code. However, I have realized that with some other mobile phone numbers that start with 70 or 71, there is no problem, since when you add the country code (+961), there is no 0 at the beginning to remove...
Ex: 70****** -> +96170****** whereas 03****** -> +9613******

Shall I install another ROM, unbranded or something?

I tried deleting all the threads to see what would happen, problem persists...

Thank you...

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I always attach country codes to phone numbers since it just removes a lot of hassle when moving around and sending numbers across borders to other people. You may want to try it with a few numbers and see what happens.

And yes, quite a few of these forums are quite dead. Which is surprising, since these phones are really new. I guess phones that are more prevalent in Europe aren't really popular with US people.