missing recovery

deejayadhd

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
my buddy gave me his old evo3d, which was rooted with cwm and cleanrom by me.. well without asking me he did a factory reset from within the fone, i assume because he dosent know about recovery. now when i try to get into recovery i just get a little phone icon with a red triangle. and adb shell wont take any commands from fastboot usb either, just says waiting for fone. he also kept his sd card if that means anything. what do i need to do to get a recovery back, stock or otherwise? been at this all night.

thanx.

i can boot into the phone just fine also.

and im on 1.5 hboot.. fastboot still says unlocked and superuser is still present.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the recovery downloaded?
If so, use this tool to flash it (it works on the 3D, don't be scared because it says Rezound, it is created by a dev that works on both phones)
As long as you are flashing a 3D compatible recovery it will be fine.
Follow the instructions on the download page
CleanFLASH 1.0 - Downloads - Scott's ROMS

deejayadhd

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Do you have the recovery downloaded?
If so, use this tool to flash it (it works on the 3D, don't be scared because it says Rezound, it is created by a dev that works on both phones)
As long as you are flashing a 3D compatible recovery it will be fine.
Follow the instructions on the download page
CleanFLASH 1.0 - Downloads - Scott's ROMS

i had the cwm for the evo3d file "cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img" renamed it to recovery.img... when i ran clean flash and picked 1 it dumped the fone into fastboot and just says waiting for device. it just wont recognize the damn phone in fastboot.

deejayadhd

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
make sure you usb debugging checked in settings

if that doesnt work reinstall the drivers on your pc

well i feel like a dumbass, should have done that to begin with.. worked. guess the drivers got borked, they worked fine on this same fone like a month ago. anyways thanx!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796