MIUI Ported to the X

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
So odd because in the beginning at least when I joined that genre in September, he was the idol of us all for MIUI. Good thing my ICS MIUI is still running well,lol

Yeah he was cool for picking up MIUI when Framework couldn't do anymore but turned into a sorryass when AceOyame ported the ICS for MIUI, crying on Twitter that someone "kanged" his work and then saying that only "those that deserved it" would be getting his next update... he needs to pull his head out of his A$$! All that after his announcement that he was no longer doing MIUI (after one more update) because of his jump to the NEXUS. Then somebody jumps in to help the MIUI community (AceOyame) and he (DXC) gets all butthurt..sounds like a LOSER to me!

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Well nice to see someone updated although Im not sure how much this is going to be changed or new. I am staying on ICS/MIUI until that gets updated. Enjoy it boys.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Honestly besides a few apps or the look, and as much as MIUI itself can be customized, I havent seen a real huge difference between ICS(port) and non ICS(GB DefyX).
Now with that said when you go to About Phone it does say Android ver 4.0.1 and then 1.10.21 for the build number.
Thats actually a very good question that hopefully some others can delve into.

Evo10

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Honestly besides a few apps or the look, and as much as MIUI itself can be customized, I havent seen a real huge difference between ICS(port) and non ICS(GB DefyX).
Now with that said when you go to About Phone it does say Android ver 4.0.1 and then 1.10.21 for the build number.
Thats actually a very good question that hopefully some others can delve into.
Ok thanks. I was debating it but I don't feel like sbfing and all that stuff. Don't think its worth it haha

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on the ICS/MIUI and Im getting crappy photo results from the camera app. I went to the NJ Devils game tonite for the retiring of Scott Niedermayer's #27 and I stopped taking shots after about 6 of them cuz they just came out bad quality. The camera settings are:
3264x2448
SuperFine
Other settings - All on Auto including Flash

Evo10

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on the ICS/MIUI and Im getting crappy photo results from the camera app. I went to the NJ Devils game tonite for the retiring of Scott Niedermayer's #27 and I stopped taking shots after about 6 of them cuz they just came out bad quality. The camera settings are:
3264x2448
SuperFine
Other settings - All on Auto including Flash
And I'm not sure if you seen aces tweets but he's stopping all android development

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Wow really. Interesting. I dont follow devs on Twitter anymore. Became too much of a road atlas for the blind as I say. I'm just tired of having an 8MP camera and no matter what ROM I've used in the past year, any picture at a distance or at a live event is crap. Auto settings on a device should mean the best possible shot taken for the environment.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
That makes me think now so I should ask for the general opinion.

I am on the MIUI4DX1_11_9-ICS.zip which I flashed Nov 13th & been running it since then. Not even sure who that came from or where I got it. I have lost a bit of track with all the Ace/DXC fighting(that was some chat they had) and the galnet miui site not having the X as a device(only Defy and Milestone). So with that said, and Im sorry for possibly asking an asked question elsewhere, do I just stay on this build? I need to get back into tech shape like I was back in the summertime.

jsharp

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
jersey I'm wondering if I'm even going to stay with miui. With liberty having the blur camera and infrastructure tethering it is pretty appealing.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes the re-birth (or is it after birth?) of Liberty has let it gain it's popularity back. Although with the quite extensive rootzwiki selection of ROMs now it's hard to chose. Alas that is one of the greatest things about the DX. Selection.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
For beanstown106's ICS MIUI build 3 anyone know how I would send someone the Metal Gear notification sound when they have a non-smart samsung flip phone? He can use mp3 and wav files

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
For beanstown106's ICS MIUI build 3 anyone know how I would send someone the Metal Gear notification sound when they have a non-smart samsung flip phone? He can use mp3 and wav files

I replied at rootz, u should be able to find some freeware to convert the ogg file to a mp3.
http://www.oggtomp3converter.com/

So now there's different 3 builds of MIUI!?!?!? wtf...lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: jerseyboy357