Moto X cyber monday sale

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
That is great! So the T-Mobile version is essentially the GSM developer version?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

As I understand it yes. With the ability to select 16 or 32gb and the ability to customize. Anyone on Att should definitely get the T-Mobile version for the ability to unlock the bootloader and not have to deal with Att as far as updates go.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
That is a great price and what many feel like it should remain at. I think if moto dropped the price to this permanently they could get a lot of sales that way, with a price that low.

Lincoln

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Well this kind of sucks. I know when the sale is going to start but I kind of don't want it to get past Android Central... although I'm sure once an editor see's it they'll post it on the front and just give us more competition on sale day!

PM me if you're interested.... just give me a day to reply since it's thanksgiving ;)

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Well this kind of sucks. I know when the sale is going to start but I kind of don't want it to get past Android Central... although I'm sure once an editor see's it they'll post it on the front and just give us more competition on sale day!

PM me if you're interested.... just give me a day to reply since it's thanksgiving ;)

Moto announced it will start 8am Central time on Monday. The cat is very well out of the bag and all over the net.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Does Verizon whack you with a $35 Upgrade Fee when you buy an off-contract phone to replace your existing device?

I remember I never paid the fee when I replaced my last device with an off-contract phone but that was so long ago it may have been before Verizon implemented the Upgrade Fee.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Does Verizon whack you with a $35 Upgrade Fee when you buy an off-contract phone to replace your existing device?

I remember I never paid the fee when I replaced my last device with an off-contract phone but that was so long ago it may have been before Verizon implemented the Upgrade Fee.

I think they now call it an 'Activation Fee'...still $35.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

No. They only do that when you get a device on their subsidized upgrade plan. You know...pay them for the discount they are offering you. (It's a ridiculous fee...)

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I think they now call it an 'Activation Fee'...still $35.

Thanks for the information - even though it's not what I wanted to hear.

If I order the Moto X from Motorola as an off-contract phone and I swap-out the SIM card from my existing phone, how will Verizon charge me the fee? Will it just show up on my monthly bill?

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the information - even though it's not what I wanted to hear.

If I order the Moto X from Motorola as an off-contract phone and I swap-out the SIM card from my existing phone, how will Verizon charge me the fee? Will it just show up on my monthly bill?

They won't. I ordered my first Moto X off contract. There are no fees that Verizon could (or did) apply to me. The only time they can is when you are going through THEIR upgrade process (on contract, discounted device).

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
They won't. I ordered my first Moto X off contract. There are no fees that Verizon could (or did) apply to me. The only time they can is when you are going through THEIR upgrade process (on contract, discounted device).

Excellent - that's good news. :) The $35 wasn't a deal breaker but I would have resented paying Verizon a fee since they were not part of the transaction/upgrade.

My only remaining question concerns sales tax - and I'm 99% certain that phones ordered via MotoMaker get whacked for local sales tax. Again, not a deal breaker but with Washington's high sales tax it represents about $30.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
No. They only do that when you get a device on their subsidized upgrade plan. You know...pay them for the discount they are offering you. (It's a ridiculous fee...)
So if you're on a contract you can buy a phone elsewhere and use it to replace your current phone on the same plan without any fees?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm confused a little, sales start exactly at 8 a.m. central time? There's no like pre-orders or anything??
Nope. They recommended signing up for an account and saving your phone in your cart for a speedy check-out once they open it up :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000