Moto X Style: is it worth it to upgrade from the Nexus 6?

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Just curious. I haven't decided and don't know if it would be worth it.

Granted, if someone didn't already have the Nexus 6, I would recommend the Style, since it's newer, possibly cheaper, and can be easily customized.

However, for those, like me, that already have the Nexus 6, are you planning to upgrade to the Style?

The only other possibility for me would be the 2015 LG or Huawei, but that's only if they support all 4 carriers, like the Nexus 6 and Moto Style.

Of course, I still have a strong affinity for Moto hardware, so LG and Huawei would have to be pretty special too.

Back to the topic at hand, the Style has been criticized due to its size, but anyone that is satisfied with their Nexus 6 wouldn't care anyway. It'll be a great phone regardless, but I don't know if it'll be worth the upgrade.

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I was a Nexus 6 owner before I decided to stick with the S6. If I still had the Nexus 6, I would get the new Moto X since I'm a flagship addict and tend to get bored with devices quickly. However, if I were advising a friend or family member, I wouldn't see a jump from the Nexus 6 to Style as much of an upgrade. Sure, you get shiny new hardware, but the Nexus 6 is still an excellent device. The only con I had with the Nexus 6 was its camera performance . Yet others have been perfectly fine with its camera.

Depending on how the new LG and Huawei Nexus devices turn out, that could be a more interesting upgrade.

Posted via the AC app

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Re: Anyone planning to upgrade from the Nexus 6?

Absolutely. The only thing I really don't like about my Nexus 6 is the absence of the Moto features.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anyone planning to upgrade from the Nexus 6?

My Nexus 6 does everything I want in a phone right now, however the XPE would be a great phone also. Might just get the XPE, switch sims and see how it goes for a couple of weeks, then return it or just keep it for a secondary phone. The leather back appeals to me, but I just put a Dbrand carbon fiber skin on the back of my N6 that is fantastic. The N6 doesn't take a back seat to any phone right now.