Moto Z Play Battery Life

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If you don't need financing (or if you do you can get it from Moto Direct) you can buy it cheaper from Verizon, it's unlocked, and has the all the bands for ATT & TMo and worldwide use. It's only $408 direct from Verizon.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just goes to show what a power drain the top-of-the-line Qualcomm chips are as well as the Quad HD screen.

1080 dpi is PLENTY resolution for a small screen. I just can't get folks fascination with "pixel" count on phones. The Apple guys got it right as they don't get all hung up on "spec wars" as they understand that overall battery life is they key combined with GREAT cameras.

If only the Apple guys weren't so hung up on "thinness" and put bigger batteries in their phones...

I wish more Android phones would come out with slightly lower processors, lower dpi screens, combined with BETTER CAMERAS.

I think I read somewhere that the new Pixel phones may have slightly less resolution...Looking forward to seeing what they are doing.

I have a Droid Turbo 2 currently. How does the Z Play camera in REAL WORLD USAGE compare to the Droid Turbo 2????

Except, just like with cars, they wouldn't be able to charge max profit. They put all of the best tech (especially the camera) in the highest end phones, with ridiculously oversized resolution (I notice little to no difference with the 1440P displays on my LG G4 and Moto Droid Turbo). The best and most notable jump in display quality was from 800x480 of my Droid Inc 2 to the 720P of Galaxy S3. Didn't see much difference in the jump from 720P to 1080P on the LG G2 and S4. And certainly don't see much difference from 1080P (of G2 and S4) to 1440P.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
At this point, it's hard to fathom that Moto is going to sell many phones at the same price point as the Samsung Galaxy, Iphone, and Google if the New Pixel is indeed priced at the premium which is the rumor.

a 5 or 5.2" phone (yes smaller than the X Play, , perhaps the size of the original Droid Turbo), with a 625 processor, a little thicker to accommodate a bigger battery, and a DECENT CAMERA, perhaps not flagship caliber), with SD card memory expansion for about $500 would be a MONSTER SELLER. Survey after survey says the think folks want the most is battery life and camera.

Yet manufacturers are always bringing out Quad Pixel displays, with high end processors to support 3d modeling which hardly anyone does on a phone, and phones that are too big to put an average size mans (or womans) pocket.

The 4.7" Iphone is a monster seller. The best selling Droid that Verizon came out was probably the original Droid Turbo (way better ratings than the DT2 and CHEAPER even at release).

Hello??? Anyone listening (meaning manufacturers)

I picked up the Turbo on clearance from Verizon for $199 full price and am still using it. Great Battery Life, OK camera. The 805 is a very good processor and no idea how long it will work but in no hurry to get a new one.

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Just got this phone. 3 days in, I'm averaging 27hrs with 10hrs SOT. Regardless of processors, screen resolution and sheer battery capacity, I didn't think these kind of figures were actually achievable.

vahidhgh

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
I have two questions
what is meaning of held awake in the battery monitor picture ? it is app always screen on or not?
With 4G LTE or 3G and display on how percentage battery is used?

pkguy323

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
My experience with version upgrades is to do a factory reset afterwards. Start clean again and go from there. In-place upgrades have been quirky for me and hit the battery. What makes this painless is using Nova Launcher afterwards so it all looks the same afterwards.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Went to bed with 99% and 9 hours later same 99℅ , loool

My Friends Can throw away their Samsung S7 and iPhone 7's now, Kindergarden against this beast of a phone :)
03ed0644786d3052eb00c5cc345c1cb1.jpg

This was my first night with this phone. Thought it was frozen. Working just fine. But I had everything shut off overnight.

clayedwards

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Checked out the Pixel, went for the Play

I'm new to the Play, but not the forum. I had a Moto X (2014) prior. I received my new phone this past Friday evening (10/7). Opened to find the battery at 94%. Began setting up accounts and turning EVERYTHING on. Didn't plug it in because I wanted to start training the battery right away (I know some think that is a myth, but I do it anyhow :)). My goal is to let it drain to ~10%, then fully charge for at least the first 3 cycles. Saturday was spent downloading and transferring files. Watching videos and surfing the web for phone-specific tips. I'm a huge customizer, so I spent a lot of time setting up my theme and gestures in Nova. Received a security patch too. I literally had to keep hammering this thing to finally get it to 10%. Now on my second day with almost 7 hours SOT with ~40% left.

Yep, battery life on this thing is kind of nuts.

vdvView attachment 241907View attachment 241908View attachment 241917View attachment 241919View attachment 241920

Hi, how did you get the "show battery percentage" option on your Moto Z Play? I don't see that on mine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomasgabel