Multiple apps refuse to open. Need help.

Xenia_SC

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
About a few days ago my phone started to have problems with all photo related applications. Every time I've tried to open the camera, Gallery app, Google's photo app, or even access photos from Instagram, the app would open for about 2 seconds before it would kick me out. I can't even access the photos via files. I've restarted my phone serval times, cleared the cashe, ran virus scans, everything but factory reset my phone. Nothing has helped.
Any thoughts on how to fix this problem? I would prefer avoiding the factory reset.

**UPDATE**
The phone has been factory reset. The problems were gone for the first day after the reset. However, they are now back.

Last edited:

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
About a few days ago my phone started to have problems with all photo related applications. Every time I've tried to open the camera, Gallery app, Google's photo app, or even access photos from Instagram, the app would open for about 2 seconds before it would kick me out. I can't even access the photos via files. I've restarted my phone serval times, cleared the cashe, ran virus scans, everything but factory reset my phone. Nothing has helped.
Any thoughts on how to fix this problem? I would prefer avoiding the factory reset.

Try taking out the memory card and reinserting it might have to re-mount...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Try connecting your phone to a pc/laptop to view the photos and see if something has corrupted your photos also does this happen when opening videos??

Xenia_SC

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I tried that a while back and again today. When the phone is connected to my pc, it will show up, but none of the files are visible. There's no way to access them. So far there hasn't been any problem with video playback. However, more of my apps are shutting down. Even the app store will not open.

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like a software problem, the only thing I can think of is going into settings and clearing the defaults for your gallery and any other apps that are causing you issues if no one else on this forum can give you an answer then I think the only option is to factory reset...

Xenia_SC

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I went ahead and did a factory reset on the phone. For about the first day it worked great. However, it is now back to how it was originally. The factory reset only postponed the problem. At this point, I think there's no hope for it.

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hmm interesting I would assume it's safe to say that your device is broken if it's still under warranty then send it back...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fh2nw4veh1