Music App Starts Playing when connected to head unit in car.

aziadeh

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I have had my gnex since day one and in my truck I have a headunit with built in bluetooth.
Everything worked well and I was able to stream either Pandora or Tunein Radio for as long as I wanted.
Just recently I copied a bunch of my music to the phone.
Now when my phone connects to the headunit (via bluetooth) the music app opens and starts playing right away.
I've looked everywhere in settings for something to disable this with no luck.
The phone is still able to stream both pandora and tunein but I have to stop music first.

Is there a way to stop music from opening everytime my phone connects to the headunit?
If so where is this setting that I'm missing???

aziadeh

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if it makes a difference, but I'm unlocked, rooted and running a custom ROM and have been since day one, well maybe day 3 but still... :cool:

aziadeh

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I tried swapping to a different ROM and still music opens as soon as my phone connects.

This is really getting annoying, help please?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I connect my phone to my car stereo via Bluetooth sometimes.I also play a few of the songs I have on my phone tho the car stereo ,using what ever music playing app that comes with the ROM Im currently running.So with Axiom Adv5 that's just the play music app,with CM9 I think they use Apollo as their custom music app.
I haven't ever had my music start playing on its,on without having to start it tho.That's the first I heard of this.
Sounds like you use a head unit of some type but still connect tho it via Bluetooth as only difference as I connect to my car stereo as only difference.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

Swavek

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm using the stock stereo that came with my subaru and when I connect my phone via BT it also starts playing music automatically. The strange thing is that it doesn't always do it. I have used multiple ROM and it had happened on them all.
It is annoying and I have not been able to find a solution.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

EClay777

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I would check the settings on your head unit. It is likely that your car stereo is sending an "autoplay" command to the phone upon connect.

I have the Ford Sync system, and there is a setting to autoplay media player within the bluetooth settings. Once I disabled it, my phone stopped playing music after connecting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

MikeOM

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the stock stereo that came with my subaru and when I connect my phone via BT it also starts playing music automatically. The strange thing is that it doesn't always do it. I have used multiple ROM and it had happened on them all.
It is annoying and I have not been able to find a solution.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It happens to me too in my Subaru. I am not rooted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk