Music cutting out when on bluetooth.

cyberchief

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I am a newer Droid owner when I switched from my bb storm to the Droid X. I have, a few times, listened to music through the Droid with both my bluetooth headphones (motorola rokr) and my blue tooth FM transmiter (Motorola t505). I have used bluetooth on it maybe 6 times total. While at work, I had my headphones on and on just about every song... the song would cut off... be silent... and moments later, song would come back on. I know this happens when a notification comes in (call, email, etc). But this started happening without any calls or emails. And it was happening about 3-6 times per song. Got VERY annoying. In my truck the other day with the FM transmitter bluetooth... same thing started happening. one time... the song cut off for about 30 seconds. That couldn't be a notification of any kind... just too weird.

Anybody else experience this? Any ideas on what would cause this? It seems I can't listen to my music because it cuts off too often and really ruins my rhythm when I am singing along (of course... my wife probably loves that I can't sing along anymore). thoughts?

Thanks!!!

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
This happens to me when I am using wifi tether.
If you are not using wifi tether see what happens when you toggle wifi off.
Probably something else but this and when I was using a Ford Sync were the only times I've had bluetooth music issues.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Never had a problem with the bluetooth cutting out. I'm usually using my Jawbone. When it does happen to me, it's usually because Pandora or Slacker is having issues getting signal.

cyberchief

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. I don't think it is bluetooth cutting out... just like a notification where the song cuts off and comes back on. I am going to check the wifi thing. I try and remember to turn off wifi when not at home. But... it is possible that I may have forgot. If/when it happens again... will check to see if wifi is off or not. If it is on, will turn it off and see if that resolves it. I am listening to music on my sd card. Not listening to music online at all.

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter