Naked or covered

lakilaulea

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I like to skin mine. I just ordered a skin from Skinomi off Amazon and it's fantastic. Cases would make it too bulky imo, and I'm not generally clumsy with my gadgets, but I do like a little protection and skins are good for that. Plus, it still fits into all my docks :)

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I like to skin mine. I just ordered a skin from Skinomi off Amazon and it's fantastic. Cases would make it too bulky imo, and I'm not generally clumsy with my gadgets, but I do like a little protection and skins are good for that. Plus, it still fits into all my docks :)

Mind posting a picture of what the skin looks like when you get it? I normally keep mine naked but may consider a skin since it doesn't add bulk.

sophi_psych

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
You guys using otterbox using the Defender or Commuter? If commuter does it work with the docking stations?

The defender is a beast. But that goes without saying. I don't have a dock but I can't see how it would possibly fit one. That goes the same for the commuter. Which I'm thinking of switching to because the defender hardly fits in my pocket.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

IRSmurf

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I greatly prefer to carry my phone without a case. It feels great in the hand and eliminates the added bulk. I've been carrying my phones without cases for the last for years and I always keep them looking new. Nothing ever goes in the pocket with my phone. Ever.

And now that phones have Gorilla Glass, there's even less motivation to use protection. >.>

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

RichTSr

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm naked right now.....and I don't have a case on the phone either! :p
I use a car dock and anticipate getting the extended battery. Has anyone found a case/skin that works with the extended battery and the dock?
Thanks

LNJKD

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm naked right now.....and I don't have a case on the phone either! :p
I use a car dock and anticipate getting the extended battery. Has anyone found a case/skin that works with the extended battery and the dock?
Thanks

as far as I know there are 2 case styles, one from verizon (the black holster shell combo) and one from tpu(comes in 2 colors, black and smoke). I think the verizon case will work with the car dock. I'm not sure about the other case.

vegasvampire666

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Otterbox defender! I know the case doubles the size of my phone, but I do maintenance work and my phones can take a beating. And I do drop them a lot! When I take the case off for cleaning, the phone looks brand new. Its too big for my pocket, so I carry it in the holster. This thing is HUGE. I have carried it without the case, and it always feels thin and fragile. Now that I'm used to the case, it feels wierd without it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

CobbFC09

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a TPU cover around mine and just can't seem to convince myself to take it off.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

cqpearson

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Running naked everywhere I go! No screen protector, no skin, no scratches, no otterbox, nada, zip, ziltch.

I am the Galaxy and I Approve this Message
Sent from my SPH - D710

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I used to never use a case on any of my phones. Took real good care of them.

Then three months into the Bionic, I drop it and scuffed up the side. Diztronic cases for me now.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I prefer naked, but that isn't smart so I case it up as a wise man would do.

My current phone is broken because someone bumped into me and it went flying intro concrete. Next phone I get will be cased.

Screens are too expensive to replace (200-300 for the part, no labor included) plus a case is cheaper than a deductible

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

kelby price

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Yup. The diztronic case for extended battery is the way to go. Naked screen though, for over a year. Just don't carry your phone in the same pocket with keys and coins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d