Need help to unbricking my lg optimus s

amskhan

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I was running cm7 kraven last update he released, and i decided to sell it because i moved on.
The sprint people did something to it and now the screen doesn't start. they probably tried to install stock but i guess something went wrong.
As of now. the screen doesn't start and idk if the charger is charging. I was on zvd before.
Any help to un-brick would be much appreciated.
oh and yeah i know there are other tutorials out there. but i cannot understand the difference between a radio brick and my phone.
i also don't know what sprint did to it.

not much to start from

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Oye! [Insert chiding for giving a piece of ornate jewelry to a monkey and wondering why it flings like poo.]

the screen doesn't start and idk if the charger is charging.
Start by telling us what you do know and please be more specific. Do you get any logos? Have you tried getting to recovery and do you have one? Have you tried accessing the video output over USB?

We can only guess what Sprint did to your device. If I had to guess (and right now, I have to), they used their super tool to try to flash stock ZVJ recovery and ROM and it failed miserably. Sounds like they bricked it and somehow you get the fun task of fixing it.

I would guess at this point that you will need to use KP500 and emergency mode to get back to anything functional, but more details may prove otherwise.

amskhan

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh wait it just died. anyways does anyone have the stock rom for zvd radios. im pretty sure i was on gingerbread before i rooted and flashed.

amskhan

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes Sir, i can.
I just need a stock zvd rom.
I unfortunately deleted my backups of it :(
Is there a download link for stock ?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showpost.php?p=712850

That is a Thread to unroot and return to stock. Assuming you have xionia recovery, boot into recovery, go to mounts and storage, plug phone into pc and enable USB storage. Drop the zvd update.zip you find on that link onto the root of the sdcard (not in any folder),and unmount USB storage. Now go to install zip from sdcard, disable signature verification, then flash the update.zip. This will install stock recovery and stock zvd 2.2froyo. But don't stop now as the xionia recovery cannot flash the radio image, so back to recover(power off, hold vol down, home and power) and from the newly restored stock recovery choose apply update.zip (believe the second option). After that it should eventually boot up into unrooted stock zvd with a working radio!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fakharzaman003