Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Sadly its failing for me. I get an error in the log:

ERROR/NetflixPlayer(18693): prepare_l initVideoDecoder failed

Oh well - this is on 2.3.3

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I thought the "official" netflix works on gingerbread? This a hacked version that doesn't check the device your using.
Anybody else having problems?

Cyrilmak

Androidoholic
Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I just hope it KEEPS working after Gingerbread on friday. This was the ONLY reason why I was considering *GASP* an iPhone or iPad.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I found this and was wondering why nobody posted it in the forums. Glad its working out for most people.

It was posted in other threads about Netflix working on the Gingerbread leaks, I just don't think anyone started a new thread for it specifically.

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Now with netflix on froyo I see no need to dl gingerbread. That was really the only reason I would have like the upgrade.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Not showing up in the market place for me. So this is working just fine.

I dont think it will show up in the marketplace as it's not officially approved for the dx. But the link I posted has download to the official app which does work on the dx and is a later version than the device disabled version from a few days ago.

Here's the direct download link

http://www.mediafire.com/?4xwncz7doz475tj

sandaddict

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
How do I use this DL, and I cant find netflix in the android market???? Any help would be appreciated. I would love to utilize my netflix on my DX.
Sorry for the NooB question, but I'm new to all this smart phone stuff.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
How do I use this DL, and I cant find netflix in the android market???? Any help would be appreciated. I would love to utilize my netflix on my DX.
Sorry for the NooB question, but I'm new to all this smart phone stuff.

1. Go to Settings>Applications and check the Unknown Sources box
2. Click the link above for download (obviously from your phone)
3. Once it downloads, pull down the notification bar and click the Download complete to start the install. You can obviously browse to the file on your phone (usually in the Downloads folder).
4. You can uncheck the Unknown Sources box after the install.

Done.

Reactions: scottabutler

gcims

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
works great. DL .apk on PC. emailed to self. Opened from there and installed, Logged in and works great. Pic quality fair on wifi at home. will try videos to see if it improves.

Reactions: scottabutler

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mervy333