New models

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone is getting the new Watch 6 that is coming out. I'd really love to upgrade to the Watch 6 Classic and I am due for an upgrade but I live in the US so the BP monitor won't work here. I currently have a Watch 3 that is "adapted" so the BP function will work here. I'm just not sure if I'm ready to give that feature up. Decisions decisions...

Reactions: Tomster88

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hope you don't mind, I moved this from the Galaxy Watch forum (for the 1st gen) to the Watch6 forum. (I could also move it to the Watch3 forum, if you meant to address owners of that generation.)

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
We have a couple of threads below about the new Watch 6.

There were 'adaptions' to enable the US Blood Pressure feature on the Watch 4 & 5. I have faith that the programmer will make an updated version for the Watch 6, which is what my Husband & I are hoping for.
🤞😀

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone is getting the new Watch 6 that is coming out. I'd really love to upgrade to the Watch 6 Classic and I am due for an upgrade but I live in the US so the BP monitor won't work here. I currently have a Watch 3 that is "adapted" so the BP function will work here. I'm just not sure if I'm ready to give that feature up. Decisions decisions...
I currently have the Galaxy watch 3 and I just pre-ordered the Galaxy 6 classic. I'm actually really looking forward to it. My Galaxy watch3 battery doesn't last a whole day an more. But I've never had any experience with the BP stuff.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Never been sure why people care about the BP monitoring... if my BP was bad enough that I needed constant access to a monitor, I wouldn't trust the one in the Galaxy Watch to pretend to take the reading.

I do understand people being annoyed that a feature that's supposed to be there isn't though. But I set it up on my 3 and never bothered on the 4 or 5.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Never been sure why people care about the BP monitoring... if my BP was bad enough that I needed constant access to a monitor, I wouldn't trust the one in the Galaxy Watch to pretend to take the reading.

I do understand people being annoyed that a feature that's supposed to be there isn't though. But I set it up on my 3 and never bothered on the 4 or 5.
I understand what you're saying & even with the Watch being 'calibrated', I would never assume that it was totally accurate. It 'could', however, give me a clue that I'm possibly in trouble.

When my Blood Pressure is up, I don't always put together all the signs. I write it off to being tired, grouchy, etc. If it gets bad enough, I finally catch on & take a real BP reading.

Two years ago, on a camping trip, I was struggling. I looked at my GW3 & took an ECG. The graph was all over the place. Was I really in AFib... who knows! It felt like it. I laid down & performed controlled breathing exercises. It took a few hours before I felt better, my heart rate had dropped & the ECG was more balanced. I had my BP kit, but I was too confused to use it. 😐

So would I swear it was perfect, no! However, it 'could' be a helpful, albeit, not perfect tool. I would be able to at least calibrate the device & test it against the real deal. Wish the US F.D.A would approve the BP function.
🙂

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d