New Nexus 4 Died

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Google sent me a prepaid UPS label, so now my Nexus 4 is on it's way to the LG Repair Center in Ft. Worth, TX. It'll probably be at least a week until I hear something, but I'll be sure to post what happens.

emuneee

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Google sent me a prepaid UPS label, so now my Nexus 4 is on it's way to the LG Repair Center in Ft. Worth, TX. It'll probably be at least a week until I hear something, but I'll be sure to post what happens.

Weird they didn't just send you a new device. They sent me one (RMA) that'll be here Tuesday.

Also weird was the fact that my Nexus 4 worked as advertised for 7 hours today before going back to playing dead.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Google did eventually send me a link to order a replacement Nexus 4, which I received yesterday (December 21). So far so good!

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the update and I'm happy its good news! I'm dismayed when things like this occur to me so I feel closure now! lol

Enjoy your Nexus 4 and don't forget to get SwiftKey to replace the stock keyboard! You might fall in love with the SwiftKey Flow beta, too!

ifahed

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem and I was able to access the status of fast mode but I can not access Recovery mode

Sorry I can not speak English
translation from google

devito80

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Google did eventually send me a link to order a replacement Nexus 4, which I received yesterday (December 21). So far so good!

Did they charge you?
I just went through the same thing with mine, more or less. I called Google CS & they emailed me the link to order a replacement & an RMA form. Told me to wait until the new one arrived, then send in the old one.
In the meantime, a $350 AUTH will show up in my checking account until they receive it. Also, that it would be inspected. Wonder how they're able to revive them? Would be nice if they'd allow us to use the same program:)

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Did they charge you?
I just went through the same thing with mine, more or less. I called Google CS & they emailed me the link to order a replacement & an RMA form. Told me to wait until the new one arrived, then send in the old one.
In the meantime, a $350 AUTH will show up in my checking account until they receive it. Also, that it would be inspected. Wonder how they're able to revive them? Would be nice if they'd allow us to use the same program:)

I haven't been charged, yet. My Wallet account still shows the $349 charge pending, with a transaction date of December 14. 2012. I hope it eventually disappears!

ispeakmath

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I got my Nexus 4 on Wednesday afternoon and it worked for about 18 hours or so and I had the same problems others are describing. I was so unhappy with the customer service of Google, I told them I didn't want to bother with a replacement and would opt for a refund. What a disappointing experience! I'm sure I'll never purchase anything directly from Google again.

KwietStorm

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I got my Nexus 4 on Wednesday afternoon and it worked for about 18 hours or so and I had the same problems others are describing. I was so unhappy with the customer service of Google, I told them I didn't want to bother with a replacement and would opt for a refund. What a disappointing experience! I'm sure I'll never purchase anything directly from Google again.

Oh boy

devito80

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I guess my question is how do they inspect it? Is it as simple as plugging it up to a computer to see if it connects, Power/Vol- button combo, etc?
Anybody have any experience with that aspect?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54