New phone after nokia N8. What to get?

jimykx

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong place :-\!
Up until a few weeks ago I owned a Nokia N8 (Symbian OS)for about 4 years and I really loved it, It has been my all time favorite phone. Modern, really good looking (for my standards), fantastic camera :cool:(which was my favorite thing about it), sturdy and heavy, had never broken or gotten broken in all the years I owned it, not even the screen and I was always dropping it:-[. Besides that, It had a glass screen and not a plastic one (like many of the phones today) so it was super soft and responsive, and after all these years it barely wore out.

I already own different lenses for the camera, different tripods etc for the phone.. protection cases, underwater cases.. I loved that phone and all I would do with it. Problem is it got stolen, and that broke my heart :'( . But it was already getting old that It didn't have an Android OS and that was starting to limit me a little bit, maybe if it had Android I could have located it with the existing software for it. I was already researching but I disliked that many phones, even expensive ones have a plastic casing.. What? I know they are much lighter than my tough metalish nokia, but I'd really rather have a brick than have a plastic toy.. So I'm looking for a new phone within the price range of 100~400 euro that would have the following characteristics (by order of preference)

1- Great camera (Better than my old nokia N8)
2- Sturdy, resistant and glass screen (I will still buy a case for it, but I'm always dropping my phones so I wanted the phone and everything within itself to be resistant)
3- Android
4- Good looking (I thought of Samsung, but all samsungs look the same with their round edges, and I don't like those round edges . I loved my nokias because of their square style)
5- Pocket size - It can be bigger than my n8, but I don't want something as big as a samsung S5.. that's almost like a tablet IMO
6- Good phone for playing some modern 3d games on it, though this is not really required.

After my research I seem to like the Xperia Z. The leaked stuff about the Motox+1 is quite interesting, specially because it seems smaller than most modern great phones, but it doesn't seem to have such a great camera? not sure. Though the biggest problem I have with these phones... G3, S5, nexus 5... is that they are quite bigger than what I wanted them to be. (and more expensive). They are almost like small tablets. I wanted more of a pocket phone, like my N8 was. I'd rather have a smaller screen but have a smaller, more sturdy phone.
I really appreciate all of your help and time!

jimykx

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry, in an earlier post I suggested the Galaxy S3. I meant to say the Galaxy S3 Mini. That was in response to your post mentioning lower prices, and the Mini is quite cheap now. It's a Samsung so perhaps you don't like the styling, it's ageing, but you may care to look at reviews. I don't know anything about it myself.

Posted via Android Central App

Well, after looking at the S3 mini features and so on.. I kind of realized I would rather buy a N8 again than buy an S3 mini xD