new user - vertical screen freeze

Lostfile

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone,

New Android user here and new to the LG family. Finally settled on the G4 after comparing a few different Android phones. Got the phone home, let it charge, updated the phone, and set up all my accounts and apps. However, not 10 hours into owning the phone, I've now come across a problem - the whole left side of the screen (50% of the screen in vertical) randomly will freeze, making the phone look like it has had a stroke. Sometimes the freeze lasts for a few seconds, sometimes for several minutes, before it freezes on another screen. It makes typing this thread borderline unbareable, so I apologize if there are horrible misspellings as I can barely see what I'm typing. The weird thing is that the right side of the screen still works and acts as if nothing is wrong on the left. I plan on returning the phone tomorrow, but I'm seriously concerned as to whether this will happen again if I get another G4. Is this a fairly common problem? Is it able to be fixed? And what in the world causes this?

Posted via the Android Central App

stet

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Are you on Sprint? This was a known issue with the early runs of G4s for Sprint and they had a "silent" recall on them. They just swapped mine out (for free) last week due to this. Mine had a build date in July.

MaseyKae

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the Same issue but mine wont go away. its exactly the whole right side and my carrier (US Celluar) is shafting me hard about this because its LGs problem not theirs so they want 200 dollars to replace it.. well what happens when i get another one and it does it again, im supposed to pay ANOTHER 200bucks and wait another 30 days for the replacement? Sorry but REALLY? I feel backed into a corner here hard!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbburns87