new Verizon LG G5 won't update to Nougat, keeps saying it's up to date

D_Blumen

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site
I received my new Verizon LG G5 today.

For the better part of the afternoon, it ran update after update and finally got to 15A.

Then it tried to update again and this time it said the update is for Nougat. After it downloaded about 800mb, the update failed. I restarted the phone and tried updating again. From then on, it just kept saying the phone was up to date. I also tried using the Verizon update assistant on my computer. After plugging it in, it detected the phone and then checked for updates. It also said up to date... with the "upgrade" button greyed out.

Is there something else I can to to force it to update to Nougat?

Thanks!

JtjO6bE.jpg

ck_57026

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
I have the exact same problem with my G5, although I am on a Verizon prepaid reseller -- the VZ Software Upgrade Assistant took me all the way to the pre-Nougat update (15A), and will go no further. Initially says an upgrade is available but finishes the device check, then says up-to-date. Love to hear from anyone that got it to complete.

D_Blumen

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site
I have the exact same problem with my G5, although I am on a Verizon prepaid reseller -- the VZ Software Upgrade Assistant took me all the way to the pre-Nougat update (15A), and will go no further. Initially says an upgrade is available but finishes the device check, then says up-to-date. Love to hear from anyone that got it to complete.

wow... that's weird.

I bought my Verizon LG G5 from Best Buy when it was on sale for $120(DPP) last week. I actually had zero need for another phone, but $120 was too good to pass up. I figured it was cheaper to spend $120 for a new LG G5 than keep paying Verizon $9 per month for insurance on my S7, which would cost $108 in a year. I just cancelled the insurance on the S7. :)

It arrived via 2-day shipping. Before powering the G5 on for the very first time, I took out the Verizon SIM card and cut it up into pieces. It worked fine on wifi-only. It started downloading update after update, until it finally hit the motherload 1.6gb Nougat update. As of today, my G5 has never had a SIM card inside and it has worked perfectly as a Nougat device. (along with Google Assistant, which has no problem waking it up from screen off with no charger attached)

The big 1.6gb Nougat update on the G5 did take a couple of tries. The first time the update failed... then it restarted a few hours later... when I woke up the next day, it was finally finished downloading and I hit install.... but to be honest, I still don't fell that Marshmallow is that much different than Nougat, for my everyday uses. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky