Nexus 10 Case

Janniel

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I love my Poetic Slim Case, however taking a screenshot with it on the tablet was really difficult, until...my husband, with his Dremel, sawed off the bridge that goes over the buttons. Works great now.Don't know if anyone has done this already, but thought I would share.

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I love my Poetic Slim Case, however taking a screenshot with it on the tablet was really difficult, until...my husband, with his Dremel, sawed off the bridge that goes over the buttons. Works great now.Don't know if anyone has done this already, but thought I would share.
[url]http://i.imgur.com/AyNzZyW.jpg[/URL]

I was considering doing this but wondered if it would look odd. I assumed they designed it that way for looks or rigidity or both. I think I might just take that piece off, too. Thanks for the pic.

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I was considering doing this but wondered if it would look odd. I assumed they designed it that way for looks or rigidity or both. I think I might just take that piece off, too. Thanks for the pic.

Hmm, this likely will result in slightly less rigidity - which is seemingly what the Poetic Slimline really needs! Not a bad idea.

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Just got the leather bear motion case. Noticed the battery is draining fast and hardly using. Does the magnet auto on/off feature affect battery usage?

Also, I assume the Nexus 10 is designed so that heat can be dissipated from the back the unit. With the cover we seem to be completely blocking that. Can't the unit overheat because of that?

Check to see what is draining your battery first and then, if you have the time, run to empty with the cover on and once without it - see if there is a noticeable difference.

Regarding the back panel, that is for the official Google Cover which is supposed to use that panel to lock in the cover. Unfortunately, it is not out yet.

dave1216

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
As far as heat dissipation I am asking whether cases like my bear motion trap heat and is bad for the tablet or battery. Is the nexus really designed to work with a case?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
As far as heat dissipation I am asking whether cases like my bear motion trap heat and is bad for the tablet or battery. Is the nexus really designed to work with a case?

I don't think any of us can answer that. We are not engineers and with access to all the information necessary to make any conclusions. I would say, based on experience, that it is unlikely even a thick case is going to cause the N10 to malfunction due to heat build up. It might be possible, however, under high ambient temps and long runs of high CPU/GPU combined with a thick case. For casual use, I wouldn't worry about it much.

dave1216

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
For those with a bear motion case, does anyone have experience with their battery running down abnormally? I am suspecting the lid does not close all the way and it is not fully in sleep mode and drains the battery. Is there anyway to bypass the open/close feature?

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 10 Casing has a built in magnet so everytime I close the Lid. it turns of the screen automatically.and when I open up the lid it Turns the led screen on without me pressing the power button

do you guys have similar experiences? should I be worried? hmmm will the magnet affect my tablet? hmmmm

jigsawhc

Apr 11, 2011
www.xblaratings.com
My Nexus 10 Casing has a built in magnet so everytime I close the Lid. it turns of the screen automatically.and when I open up the lid it Turns the led screen on without me pressing the power button

do you guys have similar experiences? should I be worried? hmmm will the magnet affect my tablet? hmmmm

Most of the cases do this. It is a supported feature so there should not be any adverse effects.

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Most of the cases do this. It is a supported feature so there should not be any adverse effects.
does the tablet actually sleep? because of the built in magnet in the case or does it just closes the LCD screen?

hopefully your right and wont affect my tablet in the long run... bought it at 24,490 pesos

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
does the tablet actually sleep? because of the built in magnet in the case or does it just closes the LCD screen?

hopefully your right and wont affect my tablet in the long run... bought it at 24,490 pesos
It's because of the magnet, that's why they put it in. After a few months there haven't been any side effects, it won't affect yours either.

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
okay

just curious about the logic of magnets making the tablet sleep

does it make it sleep or just close the LCD screen

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Just curious about the logic of magnets making the tablet sleep. Does it make it sleep or just close the LCD screen.

?

That is what "sleep" is- the screen is off and the machine knows it will have no interaction with a user. It is no different than pressing the power button.

The logic is that it is one less thing the user has to do to interact with the tablet- just open the case and use it, just close the case and put the tablet down/away.

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Anyone seen a case, stand that allows you to have the magnetic charger plugged in? My folding case/stand and generic stands all block the pogo port.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tudi23