Nexus 10 wireless issues

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine is set to always, and battery optimization is on.

Help.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

I am as annoyed as everybody else with this problem it happens everyday and won't come off it until I set airplane mode for like 30 sec to 1 min then back, is annoying on my older iPad 4 this didn't happen, now I am looking for the same experience, I figured it was the best android tablet, but at this point I am probably returning it and get the surface pro, the only reason I gave up the IPad 4 because I could side load flash and have it here, but problems started the. I thought performance would be incredible , but I guess the resolution is too high for the processor to handle, that it has hiccups at times, not to say the iPad didn't, because it did, but the surface pro might not have this problem.

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I spoke with Google and they say its not normal and they want to issue a RMA to exchange it.
Thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
If they are offering an RMA and you dont mind waiting to get a new one, I'd say go for it. Just remember to check the new before your return window expires.

Reinehc

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm having similar issues with my Nexus 10 (arrived Feb 4th).

If I leave it sitting for a few hours and come back to it, I find the wifi cycling between "Authenticating" and "Obtaining IP...". Selecting another Wifi then switching back does NOT resolve the issue.

For me, I just switch WiFi off then back on and it immediately connects to my router.

I have 4 other wireless devices running that have never had this issue (including a Nexus 4) so it's definitely related to the Nexus 10. I've tried manually selecting the band and turning off the Wifi optimization but no luck. I think I'm going to RMA this thing and see if a new one works better. Here's a list of other issues I've had if anyone is interested:

• Power switch sometimes tries to shut down the device rather than lock it (with a quick single click)
  • Power switch sometimes feels 'mushy'
  • Device would not wake up from being locked, had to do a hard reset
  • Audio jack has had a few issues where it required pulling the jack in and out a few times before the headphones would kick in
  • Chromes has frozen a few times (this seems to be an issue with Chrome, heard of this problem a number of times)

bennybananas713

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Uninstalling Ad Block Plus (ABP) worked for me. Thank for the suggestion. I have done 3 RMAs already for backlight bleed (no luck). I ended up keeping my first Nexus 10. Wasn't excited about prospect of doing another RMA for Wi-Fi. I would have to load things (e.g. YouTube) two or three times before I uninstalled ABP. After uninstalling, things appear to be working great (knock on wood). Not excited about having to look at ads now, but better than Wi-Fi barely working!

Last edited:

mhp3

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar issue with my N10. I could leave home in sleep mode and automatically connect to an outside network when awakened. Upon return in sleep and awakening I could not get past autheniticating to reconnect to the home network, even manually, and had to power off and reboot to connect. I tried the suggestion of small_law below (and another later) an de-selected "Wi-Fi optimization" under advanced settingd. I left Wi-Fi frequency band set to Auto. No problems since.
Running 4.2.2, using an extender on my home network. Signal was always max (5' from extender).

AnnuVinayak

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I am facing the very same issues with my Nexus 10, it connects fine, signal strength is great but the connection is damn slow and drops in between. I have to open a facebook page for 10 minutes before all the pics on the page load.. and cant download anything from play store.. connection breaks before anything is completed. This is totally unacceptable by all means.. If such basic things havent been taken care of, I wonder what other bugs are gonna show up soon. I am returning the nexus and buying an ipad ASAP!

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I am facing the very same issues with my Nexus 10, it connects fine, signal strength is great but the connection is damn slow and drops in between. I have to open a facebook page for 10 minutes before all the pics on the page load.. and cant download anything from play store.. connection breaks before anything is completed. This is totally unacceptable by all means.. If such basic things havent been taken care of, I wonder what other bugs are gonna show up soon. I am returning the nexus and buying an ipad ASAP!

Yes clearly becasue YOUR device has a problem then ALL Nexus 10s have a problem and other Bugs will appear as well. :-!

I hope your car doesn't get a flat tire because that will mean ALL cars like yours will get a flat tire, who knows what else could go wrong with the car. We should all switch to another manufacturer :p

Seriously, if you discuss your problems in greater detail perhaps the wonderful helpful members of this community who are MUCH smarter than I am could help you out. Offer some trouble shooting suggestions Etc. When adressing a wi-fi issue it is easy to blame the new device but you really need to examine the wi-fi network in whole. Can your router handle the number of wi-fi devices connecting to it? Is a bridge or range extender at fault? Could MAC address filtering be the cause or solution to your problem? Does your device have the same problem using Public wi-fi hotspots?

finally should no one beable to assist with your problem it is clear that the majority of N10 owners are not experiancing this wi-fi issue so isn't possible you just happned to get a lemon and a new N 10 will reslove your issue?

Nexus10Ruth

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I got my N10 about 2 weeks ago and have spent the time getting to know it and struggling, but ultimately succeeding, to sync contacts and calendar. But this weekend it has started dropping the WiFi connection - even when it says or thinks it's connected. Sometimes the icon is grey, sometimes blue and sometimes blue with a flash through it, but it won't load web pages. Yet, when I go to settings it says connected and signal strength is excellent. I've tried off - wait - on for the router, the tablet, the WiFi (aeroplane mode) I've tried changing the advanced settings one at a time and changing them back when it doesn't improve things and here I am, back typing at my PC, when the whole point of getting a tablet was to get away from here.
I'm reluctant to think it's a huge fault as it worked so well for nearly 2 weeks.

Nexus10Ruth

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I got my N10 about 2 weeks ago and have spent the time getting to know it and struggling, but ultimately succeeding, to sync contacts and calendar. But this weekend it has started dropping the WiFi connection - even when it says or thinks it's connected. Sometimes the icon is grey, sometimes blue and sometimes blue with a flash through it, but it won't load web pages. Yet, when I go to settings it says connected and signal strength is excellent. I've tried off - wait - on for the router, the tablet, the WiFi (aeroplane mode) I've tried changing the advanced settings one at a time and changing them back when it doesn't improve things and here I am, back typing at my PC, when the whole point of getting a tablet was to get away from here.
I'm reluctant to think it's a huge fault as it worked so well for nearly 2 weeks.

I've upgraded my router's firmware and (20 minutes on) I think I may have fixed it!
Edit: the following morning, yes, it seems to be fixed - not one wifi drop. :cool:
Edit: It seems I spoke too soon. After several hours of good behaviour, it dropped again and won't reconnect (although it says it is connected with excellent strength. . . . So I'm back at the PC!:mad:

Last edited:

Nexus10Ruth

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
In a related question; should I tell my wireless page to forget all my neighbours' secured networks as I'll never be able to use them and a lot of time seems to be spent scanning them?

Nexus10Ruth

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
OK I know is not the router my phone has no issues and like I said it works once I restart the device airplane mode works but I have to leave it there for a while, the problem is when I move from home to work loses connection and stays obtaining IP address or authenticating, but I know my router is fine because everything else connects fine, my PC, my 3 laptops, my roku and 3 phones so is definitely the tablet my concern is it the software or hardware.
You've probably solved your problem by now but I was concerned that it was the fault of my Nexus when it kept dropping the WiFi. I had no problems with the phones and laptops in the house. But it seems it was the router and an upgrade has sorted it out. I hope :p
It's still a mystery why it worked fine for 10 days. . .

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
took the plunge and bought a 32gb tonight,
returned it 20 minutes later when i couldn't connect to my home network--though my gnex & laptop connected fine.
new 32gb from the store Also Can Not connect to the router; power cycled the router, even took off WEP security, still no-go.
gonna take it to work tomorrow and try connecting to that wifi to see if it is just my router at home.

i swear. i really wanted this tablet but lack of wifi is a deal breaker. here's hoping the fix is a no-brainer.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
took the plunge and bought a 32gb tonight,
returned it 20 minutes later when i couldn't connect to my home network--though my gnex & laptop connected fine.
new 32gb from the store Also Can Not connect to the router; power cycled the router, even took off WEP security, still no-go.
gonna take it to work tomorrow and try connecting to that wifi to see if it is just my router at home.

i swear. i really wanted this tablet but lack of wifi is a deal breaker. here's hoping the fix is a no-brainer.

Don't use wep. It is pretty easy to crack. Try WPA personal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

BigFoot48

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Our N10 has been dropping the internet connection many times a day for months now. I have tried all the fixes I could find in this thread and others, but it seemed to be a problem with my Netgear 3700v2 router, as the N10 didn't have any problem with a cheap router we use when traveling. Well, two days a go I ran across a recommendation for the app "WiFi Fixer", and that has solved my problem. Yes, it uses resources but frankly I was out of ideas for fixing this, short of getting a new router which some recommend.

I will say re-reading this entire thread I couldn't remember if I had tried the 5mhz channel idea, as mine was on the 2.4mhz, so I just switched it over but I'm keeping Fixer running as this is the spouses tablet, and when she's unhappy, well, you know the rest!

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello. It happens the same to me, my tablet Nexus 10 discconects continously. It is really annoying. Google is not replacing my device as they give new difficulties in every step to order the repacement. This is very frustating, totally impossible to fight against Google.

Jimbokb

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I guess I am a lucky one here... I got my Nexus 10 a few days ago & have had no Wi Fi problems at all, All is still good after upgrading to 4.3 also

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Hello. It happens the same to me, my tablet Nexus 10 discconects continously. It is really annoying. Google is not replacing my device as they give new difficulties in every step to order the repacement. This is very frustating, totally impossible to fight against Google.

could you elaborate on what kind hassles you are getting from google? Also did youbuy your N10 directly from Google or a 3rd party?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards