Nexus 5 battery life has improved with 4.4.2

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
my nexus 5 hasnt seen 1 update, what is art?

ART is a new Android runtime. It's in the developers options. It is technically experimental. Personally my battery life seems better, some apps launch better, and the boot time is definitely shorter.

Posted via Android Central App

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I mainly use Android OS apps (email, chrome, camera, phone, etc.). The 3rd party apps I download I don't use often. One of them you see is BeyondPod, which I used 5% of the on-time (about an hour), listening to a podcast in the background.

note: chrome, phone, camera, etc, 's usage will show up in the list if they are using a lot of battery, it is not really part of "android os".

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm switching to ART as we speak. Pray for me. (My battery hasn't been great lately). The battery was outstanding when I first got the phone, and today it was down to 51% by 10:30 with 1 hr 15 min screen on time. Therefore, I uninstalled tons of apps I don't use (I guess not a ton...maybe 5-6) and I am switching to ART.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
That was really weird.......I had it charging while it switched to ART, and once it rebooted I picked it up to test it out a little bit, and it seemed really snappy, but then I went to darken the screen with the power button on the side, and it wasn't responding. I couldn't get it to just make the screen go to sleep so I could continue charging it and it was extremely warm. I rebooted it to let it cool off, and it still wouldn't let me put the screen to sleep. Switched back to DALVIK and it works fine again.......any ideas?

Kaenon11

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Battery life on the Nexus 5 for me had always been great!

Expect for the PayPal battery draining app.... or sometimes Google Services got stuck...

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Battery life feels like it has gotten worse for me over the past couple of weeks. The standby time is great but once i use the phone the battery goes to complete ****. I spent maybe 3 minutes on flipboard just checking up on the news and i was down 5%. I remember when i first got the phone and used flipboard i went about 15 minutes and dropped 5%, it amazed me. Whats even worse now is the charging time compared to when i first got it. When i first got it, it was as everyone says "lightning fast". I'd go from 30-40% to 100% in about an hour. Nowadays i takes me nearly 30 minutes to go up 10%...like right now. Had the phone plugged in at 20% at around 12:15 a.m and its now 1:40. My phones only at 54%. Took an HOUR AND THIRTY TO RAISE ROUGHLY 35%. I honestly dont know whats going on and considering calling google...

Carlos Dantes

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Heres my tips that have worked for my Nexus 5
1. Developer Options > Dont Keep Activities > On has made my battery last so long (May introduce a few little glitches when sliding across cards)
2. Developer Options > Background Process Limit > At Most 4 Processes
3. Wifi > Advanced > Scanning Always Available > Off
4. When you know you do not have a wifi access turn it off. Otherwise it will scan and waste battery
5. Download Battery Doctor and use task clean and optimize
6. Turn Off Google Now (Saves a fair bit of battery but can be left on if used)
Hope it works for you guys as well!

Borghi

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Running ART and 4.4.2 I have noticed a MUCH longer battery life. I am no longer upset about the previously poor battery life! I am not sure which (ART or 4.4.2) made the difference, maybe a combination of both! Google may be doing some things in the background too that have helped.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lokesh