Nexus 5: Battery Very Inconsistent - What's the culprit?

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi there - I don't suppose you ever got anywhere with this issue? I have the exact same problem (see image - note a reboot occurred where the slight gap is):

View attachment 135031

The idle battery drain can be great (say 3% over night) while other times it's horrible. I cannot pin it down to a particular thing though "WiFi" seems to feature higher up the battery usage stats than I would expect...

It seems even if I kill every open app, disable WiFi, disable location services etc. the only "fix" is a reboot. It's a little random but if I leave the phone on without a reboot for a week or so I'll generally get it.

Same exact problem.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a proper culprit and/or solution. It's just something a Nexus owner has to live with. Sometimes, it'll be fine for 2-3 weeks, then the problem will occur. Other times, as little as a week and I'll see the issue. Again, all typical day-to-day usage -- no real outstanding or obvious culprit.

Just a weird, weird bug with either Android or the Nexus 5 device. It's livable, but I'm looking to move to something else if the right device comes along or if Android L somehow magically gets rid of this bug.

Sorry to hear you have the same issue.

surrealjam

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
This is still giving me grief. I seemed to recall reading somewhere that enabling "Location reporting" can actually help battery life. Anyway, I enabled it and the results are good so far.

I've got a screenshot here showing the point where I enabled the option on the battery stats. Note that I haven't restarted the device and the only way I'd normally go to this level of battery drain is by rebooting...

Thought I'd share in case it can aid someone else.

Screenshot_2014-09-17-08-44-25.png
Screenshot_2014-09-17-08-44-40.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali