Nexus 6 vs 5x - need help choosing

cybertec69

Banned
Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
The Nexus 6 is a higher end phone.
CPU 2.7GHz vs 1.8GHz, GPU 420 vs 418
4 higher clocked cores beats more cores in everyday usage.
5X will be getting newer software longer into the future......
N6 is getting long in the tooth....[ in cell phone years ]
I keep coming back to my N6 and it doesn't "feel" slow.
Tough call.

I own both the Nexus 6 64GB and Nexus 5X 32GB, the internal specs mean nothing, the 5X is just as fast and buttery smooth as the Nexus 6, but the 5X has the better camera, fingerprint sensor, and easier to read in direct sunlight, and is easier to handle than the Nexus 6 which is a huge phone, I use the Nexus 5X as my daily driver.

Posted via the Android Central App

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I own both the Nexus 6 64GB and Nexus 5X 32GB, the internal specs mean nothing, the 5X is just as fast and buttery smooth as the Nexus 6, but the 5X has the better camera, fingerprint sensor, and easier to read in direct sunlight, and is easier to handle than the Nexus 6 which is a huge phone, I use the Nexus 5X as my daily driver.

No fight here.
Not a big fan of MORE cores vs higher frequency cores.....no throttling allowed!
needed to get a phone. bought a new sony Xperia z3 on sale, same price as a used nexus 6.
Loved my Z3 compact but had trouble viewing it with my bad eyes.
Think the lastest and greatest Samsung is a really, really good phone.....but 3X as Good?
No thank you.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
As of the current software update it's actually not bad anymore besides the build quality but that's up to you.

Its worth another look.

Posted from my Nexus 6/Nexus 7 2013/Surface Pro 3

cybertec69

Banned
Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
As of the current software update it's actually not bad anymore besides the build quality but that's up to you.

Its worth another look.

Posted from my Nexus 6/Nexus 7 2013/Surface Pro 3

I got my 32GB Nexus 5X for $270 from a review site, barely used, with tempered screen protector installed and a clear case from swappa, phone looks and runs like a champ, smooth as butter, and the fingerprint sensor is fantastic and lightning fast.
I am running Pure Nexus ROM which gives me the tethering option and many other great features, I run the same ROM on my Nexus 6. I also got this nice case for it, no bulk added at all. I also have the same case for my Nexus 6 64GB.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5100824

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332