Rockefela

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Screen Shots

i-N6VgwtQ-X2.png

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I am back to vanilla android since upgrading from G1 little over a year ago. Now hate admit I believe I really under utilized the customization with my first android device and I don' t want to that with my N7.

I would like few recommendations to pimp out my N7 homescreens.

What great widget apps for weather,clock and calendar do people use?

Any good background or wallpaper apps to look into?

I have been blessed sense widgets for long time but I grow tired of their industry look.

As you can see from my screen shot my home screens suck.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ep1963

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

Nova rocks but you have to update from within the app (at least the free version as of last night). Otherwise you can't move anything/rearrange.

I almost gave up till I saw the update notice buried in the settings.

Some things I like about nova is that you can lock the screen to prevent accidental changes/deletions, but if you want to change something you can long press the screen to temporarily unlock. Very nice way to handle it.

Also you can overlap widges which is very useful.

You can put 1x1 widgets in the dock which is really cool.

And I like how you don't have to go into the mess that is the app draw to add apps and widgets. That is the one thing I hate about ICS/Jellybean is particularly the mess in the widget drawer. Nova pulls up a scrollable list and if there are multiple widgets for an item it puts them on one line, ie., Battery Monitor Widget (6) instead of listing 6 separate lines.

Google could learn a lot from Nova.

I like the wallpaper too~

julesR

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

<<What great widget apps for weather,clock and calendar do people use?>>

Funny thing..with jellybean I'm leaning toward the cleaner look with fewer widgets.
That said..Beautiful Widgets and HD Widgets should give you plenty to play around with.

On my nook, I used Executive Assistant, which I liked but have not tried on jb yet. It's a one-stop widget for email, twitter,fb, tasks, calender..etc.

Last edited:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Nothing fancy yet but I wanted to contribute.. Oh and yeah that's CM10 on my Nexus 7 :)
Also Apex Launcher.
Screenshot_2012-07-19-16-50-10.png
Screenshot_2012-07-19-16-50-17.png

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Nothing too fancy here, still looking for inspiration and what not from other peoples screens. But this is mine, using HD widgets (tried BW and didn't like it) the wallpaper is a picture that I took a few years ago.

IMG_0960.jpg

Screenshot_2012-07-19-18-02-48.png

Reactions: 2defmouze

iamhephzibah

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Here is mine... I am using "Super Clock Wallpaper Pro"

The clock is a widget that scrolls with the screens making the date, battery percentage and network name move when you change screen...

I do like that Paperland one. Might buy it with my $25 credit :p

Reactions: 2defmouze

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

Wow after looking at all these i feel like my home screen is a bit cluttered. I like how a lot of you all have a minimalistic approach . i can always put all the stuff currently on my homescreen on the other 4 that i have available lol.

I'll make some changes tonight and post it. Thanks for the inspiration!

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I like to keep things simple. I also like consistency. First pic is my N7. Second pic is my Gnex:

screenshot2012071919265.png

screenshot2012072012510.png

The little black dot in the lower right hand area of my Gnex homescreen is actually a widget I created using Simple Text. If you touch it, it hides the notification bar. Cleans up the look even more. :D

Last edited:

Seth_Brower

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site

no clue if this will work correctly but here goes.

UFk4mPJRYq-IEhb1lBlm1r2YVJo4fBH25kZ3Pr_KXdstehfNuWXn_4SNuFeYeX_r01XxV2U-Akc

This is my current setup, with one of my wallpapers.
I tend to like having multiple wallpapers that each highlight something of interest to me, so Discworld art, Doctor Who art, Phineas and Ferb art etc. With these bits overlayed on a shared branded background, which just gives me a cohesive feel.

If anyone is interested I put together a photoshop psd, that has guides for vert & horiz alignment for dropping in images to line up.

Last edited: