Nexus 7 stuck on Google logo screen on boot up

BWill9014

Jul 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi All,
A small discovery that may or may not apply to you situation.
I am an Electronic Engineer by trade and so I often evaluate my products and how the put together.
I have had my 2013 Nexus 7 32G get stuck several times.
Most times it starts with the power on sequence and it will not unlock, the touch screen is non-responsive and it is also stuck on orientation.
After starting the Recovery mode sequence it has several times got stuck on the Google logo and will not go to the “No Command” screen.
Last time this happen I discovered this link and to my dismay the lack of a good resolve for many of you.
In the process of things I gave the left side of the tablet a good thump. It went immediately to the “No Command” screen and I could recover my device.
Here is my thoughts on the subject: inside most new smart devices is an orientation device. They are like 3 dimensional joysticks with a small cavity and a contact ball and sensors. It is the equivalent of a bubble level. The movement of the contact ball tells the device which way is up or level. I think during boot the Tablet senses the orientation and adjust accordingly if the orientation sensor gets stuck in an indeterminate position the tablet gets stuck in a loop waiting to valid orientation. When I gave the tablet a thump it loosened the sensor and I was back in business. 2nd option is poor workmanship on the PCB and an intermittent contact that got reset.
Your thoughts?

Hilariously enough.... this worked for me. I've had this issue foe a few months. Going to see if I get the same results when it does it again.

cegmino

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
I've had the stuck on the Google screen on my wife's device and funnily enough, the sharp bump to the left hand side has been successful for me too. Primitive but successful!!

Ferggerman

Aug 30, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I tried clicking 'Start' as suggested, and all I see is the Google logo again. Also, I believe I wiped everything from the Nexus because if I press the volume buttons while on the stuck screen, I see the 'Start' -> 'Power off' -> 'Recovery mode' -> 'Restart bootloader' options like I do when I'm in the bootloader.View attachment 104607

I fixed the problem for myself tech support never got back to me out of pure desperation I took a tack that I had on my desk and inserted it to the small hole in the side of my Nexus tablet then restarted with bootloader and I just restarted the tablet several times will varying pressing the little tack into the whole or holding it down and then I let my tablet run out of battery then charged I turned it back on; keep in mind not holding down the button any longer or what I assumed to be a small button inside the hole my tablet now works again to which I am writing my answer with I hope you find this useful.

Last edited by a moderator:

cellob

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Same Google logo forever problem on my Nexus7 WiFi 2012 after trying to flash an official Google 4 Android version because the wifi on the official Google 5 Android version is sooooooo sloooooooww.
Tried every trick in the thread (kindly knocking, opening up and reseating the cables, etc) but to no avail.
What finally worked was completely draining the battery (was mentioned as well maybe in this thread), booting in bootloader and reflashing the official Google 4 Android ROM.
My lucky day!

Shmoo Snook

Nov 19, 2017
Visit site
Re: Nexus 7 stuck on Google o screen on boot up

Amazing! It worked for me!

Look, don't go whacking your tablet like that. This may seem like magic to you, but try it. If it doesn't work, you've only wasted a couple of minutes:

1. If your Nexus 7 is in a case, take it out. Hold down the power button just until the screen turns off.

2. Put the tablet face-down on a flat hard surface.

3. Place your thumbs directly over the N and the S on the back cover, and press firmly for about 10 seconds.

4. Press and hold the power button until it boots up.

You will likely have to repeat this rite once in a while, when it freezes on the Google screen again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali